Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eastwestapparel?

Edward

Bartender
I quite fancy some heavy denim for the Winter, but IH don't do it for me. Not sure they have the right cuts for me (I like em wide), and other reasons as well. I suspect flannel lined might be warmer than just heavy denim, though. For all practical purposes, I find 14oz just fine. Ironically, though, my lighter denims (I think around 10oz) have lasted the longest.

Mich486

One Too Many
For me 14oz it’s plenty heavy as well and also <12oz denim can be very interesting. Above 16oz I feel like I’m wearing a rug on my legs.

Iron Heart is one of those brands that doesn’t speak to me. Very solid and well constructed garments although I find their designs a bit characterless and boring. Plus I’m not attracted by the super heavy everything so probably that is also one of the reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
Funny isn't it, I've been wearing 18oz+ jeans for around 9 years, everything thing else feels like I'm wearing pajamas now.

It's a universal truism that these things are all relative to the individual. I remember years ago giving off about how I couldn't find drainpipes anywhere. Ironically, now I like my trews wide, everything in the shops looks like drainpipes!

Reactions: Dav

Mich486

One Too Many
I still remember at the beginning of the 2000’s it was impossible to find skinny jeans for guys. Only way was to buy a regukar pair and have them taken in by a tailor. Now here we are with skinny jeans everywhere and I find myself not liking them at all.

dannyk

One Too Many
I still remember at the beginning of the 2000’s it was impossible to find skinny jeans for guys. Only way was to buy a regukar pair and have them taken in by a tailor. Now here we are with skinny jeans everywhere and I find myself not liking them at all.

In the early to mid 2000s when the whole "emo" fad was in its prime, I remember a lot of men I knew were buying womens jeans to get them as tight as possible. Glad that era has passed.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
In the early to mid 2000s when the whole "emo" fade was in its prime, I remember a lot of men I knew were buying womens jeans to get them as tight as possible. Glad that era has passed.

I remember the hipsters ll doing that here in London about a decade ago. Then they had to wear the waistband halfway down their buttocks because otherwise, being ladies' trousers, there was no way of accommodating.... the male physique. I used to find great amusement in seeing them all waddling around like little hip=hoppers that had shrunk in a hot wash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21