Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eddie Schmidt, Hollywood's tailor.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
It hasn't ended, or been "expunged." The photos have been gutted out by the main poster of same, because our members were "lazy and unwilling to do their own homework." Never mind that the great majority of our members don't live in the vintage-lying-around-like-dandelions environs of LA, and come here to learn from those who do.
This thread is open for business, and can use a shot of fresh images.

AlmaVera

New in Town
Greetings- I've enjoyed popping on to FL from time to time over the years, as vintage (clothing, jewelry, and housewares) is a hobby of mine. Sadly, I don't run across nice or interesting vintage menswear very often. However, this weekend, I found a pair of trousers at a thrift store that I want to ask you all about. I am hoping that these did indeed belong to Lionel Barrymore. He was under contract to MGM concurrent with the date shown. I am curious about the "#484" on the label. All of the E. Schmidt labels I've seen photos of have a number like this. Is this some kind of internal shop number, or is it perhaps related to the film for which the item was made? I'd love to be able to trace the film in which these trousers appeared. The trousers are made of a woven wool, with cuffed hems. All of the buttons are still on the garment. There are numerous small moth holes, unfortunately, and some 'rust' stains on the inside waistband. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

barrymore_zpsa9b6e2c5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

barrymore2_zps40881998.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB