Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELC A-2 Rough Wear 27752

matei

One Too Many
Hi all... once again the FL has been an invaluable source of info re. jacket research.

I recently bought a Rough Wear 27752 A-2 from ELC. The first one they sent was really nice, but a wee bit too short. I had a really nice conversation with Dave @ ELC over the phone and he recommended I send it back and get a long, so a 44 extra long it was.

I remembered during our conversation that I had to get long uniform tops when I was in the army, so that made sense.

This is the jacket I always wanted, it is a trim fit and it is so easy to move about in. The quality of the horsehide is amazing, so much lighter than my other horsehide jacket.

Now I've got the bug, I'm looking at a B-6 for when it gets colder here!

Attachments

• IMG_2961.jpeg
    IMG_2961.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 275

Brettafett

One Too Many
Great jacket and great fit. I also get 'longs' in my ELCs.
You'll find over time, as the jacket wears in... that the sleeves will shorten a touch, creases at the elbows and pits... So a little room there never hurt.
A good comfy fit is so important.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
The Jacket Looks Awesome..I mean really really awesome.

Though I'd wear something lighter under it, like a white T-shirt or Navy chambray shirt to sort of give the Jacket more pop, or something like a red flannel shirt to match those Chucks and We're talkin'

matei

One Too Many
Thanks everyone! :)
The Jacket Looks Awesome..I mean really really awesome.

Though I'd wear something lighter under it, like a white T-shirt or Navy chambray shirt to sort of give the Jacket more pop, or something like a red flannel shirt to match those Chucks and We're talkin'

I was on my way to a gig at an RAF base nearby (they were celebrating the Battle of Britain) and was told to dress more conservatively... as I was leaving decided to put it on - I figured it would be pertinent to the occasion to wear a flight jacket, but you are right it would stand out a bit more with what you mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk