Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELMC Products

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Weird. Neither eastmanleather.com nor elmc.co are functioning right now. Get the equivalent of a 404 error when I try to go to either url.

Its a false flag . . . Gary Eastman himself took down both sites, and will later blame hackers in order to gain support for a war against hackers. :rolleyes:

ProteinNerd

You're the first I've heard mention this, but if it bothers you, then it bothers you. I love the two I own and the style is close to being as popular for us as Eastman A-2's.

As can be seen in this thread a lot of people are also of the impression that both the hand warmers and half belt are too high. Do you think Gary would ever revise his pattern and adjust the proportions?

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fit-pic-evaluation-help-new-half-belt.85486/

I only keep bringing this up because I REALLY like the jacket and this is the thing keeping me from ordering one.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
I agree with all of the above. I was sure this was my next jacket til the high pockets and belt were pointed out. Now I'm on the goodwear queue.

HPA Rep

Vendor
As can be seen in this thread a lot of people are also of the impression that both the hand warmers and half belt are too high. Do you think Gary would ever revise his pattern and adjust the proportions?

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fit-pic-evaluation-help-new-half-belt.85486/

I only keep bringing this up because I REALLY like the jacket and this is the thing keeping me from ordering one.

I highly doubt Gary would change anything. I can mention it and see what happens, as he did change the sleeve length on the long fittings when I asked (and that took a lot of work on my behalf), but this is a far, far bigger deal to change than sleeve length and my gut tells me that he and we are selling too many to warrant taking on such a huge undertaking.

The responses here fall around 40%-50% to make the change, which aren't even all from people who would actually purchase one if the change was made. And there are those who don't ever participate here (the overwhelming majority, that would be), so I see this as being a case of you can't please all of the people all of the time, and I suspect Gary would, too.

Thank you for the feedback, though.

HPA Rep

Vendor
I should add a detail that further diminishes the chance for making the change you mention: we've sold a fair number of these to those of celebrity status, which one would think are some pretty meticulous, appearance-conscious individuals. One of these is actor Adam Goldberg, who liked his so much that his character on the "Jim Gaffigan Show" (now filming season 2) was just outfitted with a Californian and the costume director loves it and others from the show have now ordered this same style, along with Windwards. This is info. Gary now knows, so it doesn't exactly make for a compelling argument to alter the style.

ProteinNerd

After being concerned about the length of the Californian for quite some time, I finally took the punt. I’m 5’11 and I found the L version to be longer than I expected after all this talk of them being so short!

I’m sure the sleeves will crease a little and settle at a nice length but I’m almost thinking the body length of the regular would have been fine for me...

3c9433d87d80f6202c362c298d207d89.jpg

It definitely wasn’t planned but somehow I’ve managed to accrue 3 ELMC jackets, this Californian, a Walnut Roadstar and a Black Windward. I have to say, they are all stellar jackets!

ProteinNerd

I agree..sorry but I think you are right PN. A little too long. I think a regular length would have been better too.

Anyone else think its too long? I’m not sure either way tbh.

Its too warm to have worn it still and has 30 return policy but I will lose shipping back to the USA (about $100) plus about $300 extra in customs....is it “that” long?

I’d rather not lose the money but if I turn around in 2 months and think it is too long and decide to sell and repurchase ill loose a lot more than that .....

It's honestly hard to say...what's the back length on the regular bs the long? Body length is a real pain in the ass. I will say I typically spec my jackets at 27" but when I went for 26.5" on my 30's HB it was entirely too long in front. I didn't account for the front drop and if I had I probably would've chopped a full 1" or more off the back. Is this jacket the same in terms of a front drop? To me a shorter back length is ok w/ the drop to cover my belt.
Anyway, I think you could go either way but you know how it is. If there's a shadow of a doubt it won't likely ever disappear. Go with your gut. I like the fit TBH but it's only your opinion that actually matters.

Its too warm to have worn it still and has 30 return policy but I will lose shipping back to the USA (about $100) plus about $300 extra in customs....is it “that” long?

I’d rather not lose the money but if I turn around in 2 months and think it is too long and decide to sell and repurchase ill loose a lot more than that .....
I didn't see this. Dont return it. Why gamble on a jacket that may come back too short. I'd rather have it slightly long than too short myself.

MET

A-List Customer

TBH a bit long and boxy. I'd rather return it. You have doubts and this jacket will not grow on you.

marmalademan

Banned
Sorry bro, that is too long.

But it does look to be a very classy and beautifully tailored jacket. Has got me wondering what the lengths are on a 40!

Last edited:

Fonzie

One Too Many
I think the body length looks good, long but not boxy as the shoulders fit you perfect.
The sleeves are a little on the long side but as you say it will shorten some with use.
I don’t think this jacket is meant to be worn too fitted anyway, so if it’s comfortable I wouldn’t wanna loose $400AUD on minor details.
Try not too overthink it, but if you can’t get over it, change it for an American Walnut in 42R. and you’ll have an ELMC trifecta.
Your black Windward and brown Roadstar are already winners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Does the shipper collect the customs/duties, if so it might be possible to fill out some return paperwork and reclaim the fee's.
It does look long in the body but looking from the crotch up to the bottom of the jacket it looks much too close . It might be the angle though.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Fit looks mighty fine to me. Extra body length goes well with the broad shoulders and the more relaxed casual fit. You own plenty of other insanely cool jackets you can put on if you feel like the trim short fit that day.. I'd certainly keep this one for when you feel like a casual relaxed jacket. Losing 400 USD over maybe 1" bodylength? That's just being overly pendantic over something no one outside this forum would even waste a thought about, imho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner