Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELMC Windward dilemma

seres

A-List Customer
I've been looking at these photos, and it's really hard to say... In the top set, the darker one (top) looks slightly larger, but in the last set the lighter one (right) looks too big at the waist.

Like HD says, get two very similar photos, taken by someone else, and in good lighting... camera level with your chest, hands relaxed at your sides, and a front view, side view, and back view.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Here's the 46 over a sweater:
2d20b0a6da774d409f1503cbc2c9834b.jpg
37445106229afe8d47c7bd44b650f7d1.jpg
8a0b84dc008289cd101645f6a70266cf.jpg

IMO the 46 is too big, shoulders are drooping off, it's folding on itself at the chest/armpit, the sleeves are too long.
44 is much nicer.

Ribdoner

A-List Customer
Jacket depicted in the bottom pic in the first post is the one I would keep.

Jacket in top pic makes you appear chunky and I prefer color of the other jacket.

Which one is the 46 and which one are you keeping?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I guess the two aspects of fit are comfort and looks. Looks-wise, I think the 44 is better, but comfort-wise, I think the 46 wins. It's a tough call. I can wear sweaters under the 46, but not the 44. And the 44 feels very close-tailored even without trying to layer under it, which is no doubt in part why it looks better to those who say they prefer it. I'm still trying to decide, I may just wear them both for a few days/weeks while I make up my mind. I'd like to say that this is a good kind of problem to have, but it really isn't. A) I really wish they had odd sizing and B) I really can't justify keeping both.

Also, point taken about needing more consistent photos. It's been tough to get good lighting conditions when I have my gf around to take photos. The selfie-stick really isn't a good way to get decent fit pics, and I'm too lazy to dig out my tripod and figure out how to do timer photos. I'll see what I can do though.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Jacket depicted in the bottom pic in the first post is the one I would keep.

Jacket in top pic makes you appear chunky and I prefer color of the other jacket.

Which one is the 46 and which one are you keeping?

I don't want to give that away, and let that information bias people; I wanted to let the pictures speak for themselves, but you can probably figure it out by now if you read carefully enough and do a little deductive thinking.

I haven't decided which to keep. It's a hard decision.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’m guessing the second is the larger size purely by the way the sleeves seem to bunch more.

Either way going by these pics there is very little in it. Go with whichever you are more comfortable in or just toss a coin, either way they both look great!

willyto

One Too Many
I'd keep the one that fits more snug which means it's a size 44. This style is not suited to be worn loose and in my opinion looking for a lot of extra room to layer a super thick sweater under such jackets for me it's a no go.

seres

A-List Customer
I'd keep the one that fits more snug which means it's a size 44. This style is not suited to be worn loose and in my opinion looking for a lot of extra room to layer a super thick sweater under such jackets for me it's a no go.

I'll agree with this. I've always felt that motorcycle-type jackets look better when they are close fitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21