Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

European Strat Headliner & Felt Color

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Somehow, they also seem appropriate in this thread.
tumblr_m0ohupVgE11qlkly8.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Marlowe, welcome to the Lounge. Hope you find the place informative. There is a wealth of information here, and if you use the search feature, you can spend HOURS culling out tidbits of great information on HATS.

What size hat are you? Are you interested in only a Strat? Or how 'bout a Royal Stetson or perhaps a Whippet?

Summer is coming..perhaps a nice straw?

Sam Marlowe

New in Town
This is exactly what I'm talking about. This photo was used as a response to my very 1st post & here it is again. Is this what you think is welcoming & gentlemanly? I was trying to let it go & keep a more open mind, but now that my back is up against the wall as one against the pack, I'm forced to comment. I tried to inject humor into the situation w/some quotes, but the tone continued to devolve into sarcasm & mean-spiritedness. The delicate sensibilities joke was uncalled for. But I can take it. Hey, I'm just as full of crap as the next guy. My wife thinks I'm a slob & insensitive a lot of the time, but I feel lucky for her to have put up w/me for 36 years. I've attempted to give all credit where credit was due & thank people for their help. RBH, I never said that there were members who had not been helpful. I did look at the Strat ad you posted & accepted it as my answer. I never ask for anything more. The hat in question WAS the ebay hat. In the end, all I did was state an observation that I, myself, said could be wrong. The ability to admit you might be wrong is something we would all do well to consider.

Sam Marlowe

New in Town
Yes sir, I appreciate your diplomatic efforts in my behalf. (I'm a big Cagney fan, BTW) You are the 1st to welcome me to the lounge in 3 weeks time. But I don't think this is the place for me. When others use self-deprecating humor, it is funny. But if I do, I'm pushing it. Thank You once again for representing FL in a superlative manner. You are a credit to the forums, a scholar & a gentleman.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mr. Marlowe...I really am not a diplomat, and I assure you that I took no effort on your behalf, only that I said "Hello and Welcome".
If this is not the place for you, there is no membership fee, nor any service requirement(s). Just pop in and enjoy, anytime you wish, but if you are not happy...no worries.

As to my being a "scholar and a gentleman".....depends on who you ask.

Anyway, this place is fun. If you've been a lurker, like you said in your early on post, then you might understand the ins and outs of the Lounge.

Enjoy your stay.

Sam Marlowe

New in Town
Mr. Marlowe...I really am not a diplomat, and I assure you that I took no effort on your behalf, only that I said "Hello and Welcome".
If this is not the place for you, there is no membership fee, nor any service requirement(s). Just pop in and enjoy, anytime you wish, but if you are not happy...no worries.

As to my being a "scholar and a gentleman".....depends on who you ask.

Anyway, this place is fun. If you've been a lurker, like you said in your early on post, then you might understand the ins and outs of the Lounge.

Enjoy your stay.[/QUOTE

I didn't intend to besmirch your character by dragging you into this bar ditch. Only to compliment you for a graceful interlude to the storm. I believe this has all been much ado about nothing. The three offensive words that have precipitated the firestorm of reaction are swagger/bravado/macho. These are descriptors for all of the greats ---The Duke, Bogart, Cagney, Gable, Robinson, Brando, Newman, McQueen. Who wouldn't want to be in that company? But I said I would leave you out of this, so I will say it again. I'll try to keep an open mind moving forward.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana