Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eve Arden

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
First off here is an excellent article about Arden from our own Elizabeth McLeod: http://www.radiospirits.com/email/eve_arden_article040612.asp?pcode=N04NC002&source=rsnews040612
My wife had heard people reference an "Eve Arden role" so many times that she thought the actress' name was Eve Arden Rolle.lol It wasn't until I was comparing Judy Greer to Arden that she realised her mistake.
I always enjoyed her delivery, from "Our Miss Brooks" and the Danny kaye radio show to her bloopers with Ronald Reagan.
Thinking of her always put a smile on my face.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Espee

Practically Family
As a youngster in the 1970s I almost thought there was a man named Harold Lloyd Estate.
(H.L. had died, and there were a lot of news stories about the uncertain future of his home, "Greenacres.")

Espee

Practically Family
I suppose I had chances to see TV reruns of Our Miss Brooks, but passed them up. I vaguely remember "The Mothers-in-Law" with Kaye Ballard.
Our Miss Brooks radio shows aired locally in 1999 or so, and I gradually started liking them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff