Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excuse me Miss, do you Blog?

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Finally a new post from me, "These are Not Your Granny's Panties!" ;0
X
BD

Black Dahlia, the beginning of your post struck a chord with me! I too love 'granny panties', though I am constantly insisting to friends that they are, in fact, 50s-style high-waisted knickers... loved your suggestions, and whilst not strictly 'repro' or officially 'vintage inspired', I love Vanity Fair's Ravissant and Lace Nouveau Brief- highwaisted 'big knickers' in lovely slinky nylon, super comfy, great quality, in colors to match vintage bras too! (and a lot cheaper than the 'retro' panties around... good if you want a full set and not just a few- I got mine 3 for about $18 from Macy's).

I really love Bali's Skimp Skamp briefs too- I love the sheer nylon and they are literally *the* comfiest panties I have ever worn in my life.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Black Dahlia, the beginning of your post struck a chord with me! I too love 'granny panties', though I am constantly insisting to friends that they are, in fact, 50s-style high-waisted knickers... loved your suggestions, and whilst not strictly 'repro' or officially 'vintage inspired', I love Vanity Fair's Ravissant and Lace Nouveau Brief- highwaisted 'big knickers' in lovely slinky nylon, super comfy, great quality, in colors to match vintage bras too! (and a lot cheaper than the 'retro' panties around... good if you want a full set and not just a few- I got mine 3 for about $18 from Macy's).

I really love Bali's Skimp Skamp briefs too- I love the sheer nylon and they are literally *the* comfiest panties I have ever worn in my life.

Hi Frenchy,

When I wrote that post, I thought to myself "I bet there are ladies at the lounge who've had similar experiences!" Glad I'm not the only one. Ha ha! I love the look of both of those Vanity Fair briefs you posted and will have to get some to try them out! I also quite like the Warners control briefs that are available at Sears. I guess if we look hard enough, we can find great knickers at lots of department stores! I will check out the Bali ones too.

X
BD

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Hi Frenchy,

When I wrote that post, I thought to myself "I bet there are ladies at the lounge who've had similar experiences!" Glad I'm not the only one. Ha ha! I love the look of both of those Vanity Fair briefs you posted and will have to get some to try them out! I also quite like the Warners control briefs that are available at Sears. I guess if we look hard enough, we can find great knickers at lots of department stores! I will check out the Bali ones too.

X
BD

Great! Let me know if you do! They are good quality, they wash and last really well. And it's great that the colors seem to coordinate with the most common colors of vintage bras.

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Hi Frenchy, I just ordered some online. Thank you for recommending them, I can't wait to try them! ;0

X
BD

Black Dahlia, that's fabulous! :D glad I was able to help! I do hope you like them as much as I do!

New mega-post: my reviews of some MUA makeup products that I can't do without, including eyeliner, shadow and primers! Check it out- cheap need not mean rubbish ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran