Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excuse me Miss, do you Blog?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
My Pain Relief Blog

Why did you start your blog?
Because doctors tend not to be of much help if you have pain. I've had several health problems over the past few years, and my family has too, so I've researched ways to help those problems.

How did you decide on a topic, find your niche?
I started it right after I was scheduled for a root canal. I had an infected tooth and I was in the worst pain of my life. Then I thought, I've been through a lot of pain over the past few years: turf toe, sprained back, sprained neck, TMJ, acid reflux, pinched nerves--there's a wealth of material. I've used some unconventional techniques for relieving pain for most of those conditions.

Are you motivated to maintain your blog, why?
It's only been a few weeks. We'll see.

Have you found your blog to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate?
I'm motivated to get rid of pain regardless.

The site:

http://relievemypain.blogspot.com/

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Why, yes, I blog...

1. Why did you start your blog? To motivate myself to complete my crafting project. I'd come to feel I would start but not finish project. After blogging for about a year and gaining confidence in having, in fact, routinely completed projects, I opened my etsy shop. Now my blog serves an additional purpose of shop promotion.

2. How did you decide on a topic, find your niche? The topic was easy. That hard part was settling down my crafting. I sew, knit, spin my own yarn, crochet, make simple wire-wrapped jewelry, photography, collage, and greeting cards using rubber stamps (some of my own design and carving). I have been wanting to simplify my life lately and have settled into the basic fiber arts: sewing, knitting, spinning. I'm an open-source kind of gal and feel that my blog serves the crafting world by sharing the pitfalls and triumphs and everything in between for the crafts I enjoy.

3. Are you motivated to maintain your blog, why? I am motivated to maintain my blog. It's been a slow process, but I've been gaining followers beyond my circle of friends. More people are posting comments. It's gratifying when a total stranger compliments a project I've spent so much time on.

4. Have you found your blog to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate? I wasn't sure I'd enjoying blogging. I don't feel I'm the best writer, though I've kept journals for much of my life. I also keep crafting journals, which is very important to using my hand spun yarns and recreating yarns for a specific new purpose. In that respect, I view blogging as an extension of my journaling. As it exists for any lurker on the inter-webs to read, I attempt to make my posts resemble Standard English while having a bit of fun.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren said:
LD, I don't think I'm that interesting either, but sewing and patterns are fun and lots of folks like it! I know I find other sewing blogs really inspiring. They keep me motivated!

Thats my hope with it, and that I dont get redundant with this blog *and* my site lol I think I can avoid it by having a bit more range on the blog than only sewing on my site. Aw shucks, I hope so at least :)

LD

RockabillyHolly

New in Town
Foofoogal said:
http://sandysfancypants.blogspot.com/

I can see all my followers and the follow button on my blog.
I cleared everything including all cookies and signed out and then back in. I still cannot see your followers or the button to follow you Holly. Odd. [huh]

Thats very strange. I put a border around it to see it better. I cant figure out why you wouldnt be able to see it! I do appreciate you trying though!!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
blogspot is notorious for glitches. I still cannot see it but do see your outline if that helps. Oh well. I will try again later.

Yeah, I'm "technically challenged" so I never know if a glitch is me or the site. I use Blogger. Strange stuff...sometimes I have to sign in, sometimes I don't. I can leave a message for one or two people with no issue...everyone else, Dell opens up an internet explorer window that keeps popping up and forces me to shut down my whole computer by cutting the power. I can't get out any other way. So, it looks like I don't read or want to comment but I do and would! :(

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You cant really complain too much for a free site. lol

Youre not paying to host anything, so a few glitches is certainly workable.

I guess I have a different perspective on all this. Now, if I were paying, and the glitches were more than 8 hours, Id be livid.

LD

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I'm really getting into it now - I'm starting to write articles as well as my regular picture posts. None posted yet - there's still tweaking to be done xx

GlamourDoll

Familiar Face
miserabelle said:
I'm really getting into it now - I'm starting to write articles as well as my regular picture posts. None posted yet - there's still tweaking to be done xx

That's how mine is. Sometimes i feel so silly cause all I have is picture posts and my vintage buys. But I'm slowly getting better at it and adding articles. But I'm sure yours will turn out lovely when you're all done tweaking!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just started a blog yesterday.

1. Why did you start your blog? - I decided to waist train (with a corset) and Miss Bella Hell suggested a blog as a way to share information with my friends and to track my progress.

2. How did you decide on a topic, find your niche? - I've never been motivated by blogging, but waist training (I'm not talking tight-lacing to a crazy 18" waist or anything!) is something that not a lot of people talk about or even know about for that matter. In addition, while there are a few blogs out there for tight-lacers, there aren't many for those who engage in healthy waist-training.

3. Are you motivated to maintain your blog, why?
4. Have you found your blog to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate?

As for those, I just don't know yet :)

http://www.funwithcorsets.blogspot.com

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
GlamourDoll said:
That's how mine is. Sometimes i feel so silly cause all I have is picture posts and my vintage buys. But I'm slowly getting better at it and adding articles. But I'm sure yours will turn out lovely when you're all done tweaking!
Thank you! I certainly hope so! I love how sharing this community is and I want to be able to add my little bit and make something that people will go back to.

I love your blog! Just added it to my follow list :) xx

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well thanks Miss Owens :) That made me feel like a million bucks!

You should check out my site. Ive had it for a couple of years now, chock full of plus size vintage sewing!

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner