Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Expediton Fedora

Danosaurus

New in Town
Although not a fedora, Akubra just came out with the Traveller, a genuine 100% fur felt crushable hat. I just got one last week and I am quite impressed. The felt quality is excellent, as usual for Akubra. Since it is crushable it has no liner and a padded fabric sweat instead of leather. In my opinion this makes it a great summer hat since it will be more breathable in warm weather. Check it out here:

http://www.hatsdirect.com/hat-info/traveller.html

If anyone's looking for a crushable hat, I highly recommend it. Now if we could just get them to make a crushable Federation out of this felt...

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Good advice on the Akubra! If you love hats and have a hero mentality--bring a felt hat and plan to wear it. If you want a hat only sometimes, you can bring an inferior crushable.

But when you come back....you might throw the crushable away. If you have the real man's hat, it will display on your shelf and on your head for years to come as the trophy hat that has seen more countries than most.

One of the Akubras, not curshable, might be a good choice. They are tough and not too expensive---you can also wear it with most clothes, drop into an opera in Paris' Montparnasse, meet me for drinks in the Taj Hotel in Delhi, or trek up to the base camp in Nepal....that one hat will do it all!

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner