Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Extra long T-shirts - recommendations needed

I couldn't figure a better place to post this, but does anyone have a clue where to get high quality, extra long T-shirts? I know those are "inner ware" but...
I've been looking, but have not found anything.

Thanks for any info.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
Do you want an undershirt (thin t-shirt) or something suited for wear by itself, like the "inner ware"?:D

@ coffee: thanks friend. I'll check them. I was just looking at their packs!

@ Jack: the latter :) actually, both. I like to wear a tee with an A2 or G1, tucked. But I also wear 'em under dress shirts, etc.

Thanks fellas!

Oldsarge

One Too Many
ButteMT61, Duluth Trading Company is not the same company as Duluth Packs. DTC makes clothing and useful items for the building trades and I agree that their quality is first rate. Likewise their customer responsiveness. If you ask for it (albeit several times, perhaps) they will make it. At my insistence they have brought out orange polo shirts, button attached 'sidewinder' suspenders and something that I have forgotten. Unfortunately, the general demand for the things I like is not sufficient for them to keep them in the inventory. However, I got mine! :D

Anyway, here's your shirts. I have six of them.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
No point in spending more than you have to for imported t-shirts. Hanes makes tall man t-shirts (undershirts) and Gildan makes tall t-shirts (non-underwear) $6.24 in white, http://www.cheapestees.com/gildan-tall-ultra-cotton-tshirt-g200t.html

T-shirts are extremely cheap (as low as $2.00), it's the tall size which makes them pricey.

It looks like "Longtail" is not the same as a "tall size" in that the sleeves are not lengthed.

Last edited:

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
If you haven't laid down your money yet, I'd recommend just the basic white Hanes T-shirts in those 3 and 5-packs.

I just got some and they seem to have stepped it up a bit in quality in that they are longer and don't shrink as much as when I used to buy them. While they aren't thick, they are perfect under shirts with just enough sleeve without touching the elbow like most other brands I've tried. At about 2$ a shirt, you can't really go wrong.

Wow, great info guys! I've tried Hanes recently, and I like them ( thank god tags are history) but too short.
Duluth looks like it has potential, but many of the tall sizes are 3-4xl only.
I'll look at the other sites today. Great info in this thread. Thanks a ton to all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran