Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F/s 30's borsalino size 7 / punti 4 1/2

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Hello,
I bought this gorgeous Borsalino Fedora from HarpPlayerGene here on FL. After a few try-ons, I've decided to move it on as it's a bit small on me. I'm using Gene's description from his Ebay auction. So, hope he doesn't mind. I paid him $110.00 and I'll sell it for $100.00 shipped. Condition is as recieved... gorgeous!

email: saucerfiend@msn.com
Phone: 732 297-0697 in NJ
or PM

Brian

From Gene's Ebay auction:
So, the story goes like this (on good authority): Before full Ally involvement in WWII, in the mid- to late 1930s, it became dangerous for certain European citizens to reside there and operate businesses. Simeon Zlateff was in just such a position, so he locked up his store/warehouse full of haberdashery and left Bulgaria hoping to return when the trouble blew over. But he didn't return and some sixty years later the "stash" of pre-war fedoras was found and several were released for sale as NOS vintage masterpieces.

I bought this hat a few years ago. It's been one of my 'prizes', but I have a large collection and this one has only been worn a handful of times.

DETAILS-

Wonderful, rich shade of warm brown labeled "Cola". The photos of the inside of the hat represent the felt color best.

Ample crown with 'reverse taper' and great crease.

Matching ribbon with long pick-stitching and angled bow.

Medium width brim with raw edge and snappy flange.

Gorgeous inner lining with piping detailing.

Wide, supple sweat band.

No damage, just very minor evidence of having been worn a few times.

Marked as "4-1/2", the Punti size equivalent to a men's US 7. Just barely on the snug side of this size.

INSIDE CIRCUMFERENCE: 21-3/4"
CROWN HEIGHT AS SHOWN: 4-1/2"
BRIM WIDTH: 2-1/16"

borsolino1_zps62358592.jpg

borsolino2_zps4e696e43.jpg

borsolino_zpsf53b8a55.jpg

borsa5_zps168b1df5.jpg

borsa3_zps34eb8ed5.jpg

borsa2_zps2d156fb7.jpg

borsa1_zpsf3145680.jpg

borsa_zps566356df.jpg

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Up, please. This is a great deal on a beautiful Borsalino Fedora. Again, 100.00 or best offer, shipped. Don't be bashful.

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner