Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Factory Girl

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone seen this movie?
Factory_girl.jpg

http://www.factorygirlmovie.net/

Edie Sedgewick.
the debutante who became a muse to AndyWarhol & then involved w/ BobDylan, later meeting an unfortunate demise.
I'm not well versed in the period of 1965, but it was very interesting & quite timely considering all the current young ladies of note living haphazardly fabulous lifestyles....

I enjoyed some passing references to TrumanCapote & Jackson Pollock. Mostly cuz movies onthose artists have also had abusive tones that are reflected in this film.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I actually went to a movie in a theatre

I saw it, as I mentioned in the Why don't people wear coats anymore thread, of all things. Some of the acting was atrocious. Whoever made the movie has a pathological hate for Nico. Unrecognizable in looks, voice, and mannerisms. Ugh. The fashions were cool. My dad gave me the George Plimpton book http://www.amazon.com/Edie-American...0623126?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173753109&sr=1-2 when it came out in the 80s and I had never heard of Edie until then but grew up with a Soup Can in my room! I've loved the 60s since I was a child. The movie was a disappointment as I wished it were more like the book Edie: an American Biography but I am glad I saw it. (The cover picture of the hardcover edition stinks, I much prefer the paperback design, which was offered for sale in each of 4 colors. This is the edition I gave to many of my friends that year.) The end was like the book in that it had real people talking. My friend liked that part the most.

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I have held a long time interest in Edie Sedgwick for over 18 years now and I even have a myspace site devoted to her. This film was HORRIBLE...everything about it was a fabrication of rumors and lies. I have become friends with Edie's niece and she just could not believe the nerve of these people who wrote & directed this film.

The funny thing is that Edie's story didn't need any embellishing. The love triangle they tried to put together between Edie, Warhol, & Dylan was so stupid too. It was indeed disappointing and I am happy that it got panned, and tanked at the box office.

There will be a documentary on Edie's life coming out this year, called "Girl On Fire" .... this will be the film to watch for. The director who filmed Edie's final film and later went on to produce"Kiss of the Spider Woman" is the force behind this documentary along with Melissa Painter.

Anyhow...for more on Edie visit my page tribute to her at

http://www.myspace.com/ediesedgwick65

RyFranzese24

Familiar Face
I saw it at the premiere, funnily enough. I thought it was great. I thought Sienna Miller was good, and Guy Pierce was really awesome. It was a good period piece, very interesting, and just a pretty good movie that got little press. Really good.

Liz

I've admired Edie for several years, but couldn't bring myself to see the movie. After reading some reviews of it, I think I made the right decision! I've also been a fan of Nico's for many years now, and I heard that the actress who played her was awful as well. An Edie documentary, on the other hand, sounds like a great idea! Thanks for letting us know about it, Jazzzbaby. I've just added your Edie Myspace tribute as well. :)

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Doh! I just realized Guy Peace is in this.
I will definitely check this out on dvd.

Its funny, to sell this as a love triangle, Guy Pearce is cast as Warhol. And Hayden Christensen portrays a folk singer who is presumably BobDylan.
Of course Dylan is still alive so they didnt use his name in case he would sue over the depiction.
But really couldnt they have gotten two better looking actors???
;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner