Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Shops

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hey! I used to love those old comic book ads. Sigh that brings back memories. As for buying and shopping on "FakeSchnook" I got off of that site on my 60th Birthday, which happened to coincide with a certain person's "election" and I've not been back since. Seems I made the right move for different reasons.

Worf

CatsCan

Practically Family
I got off of that site on my 60th Birthday, which happened to coincide with a certain person's "election"
I hope, you are 64! ;)

I want my money back! The X-Ray glasses don’t work.....

..now we come from old comic books to old horror movies, who can remember? No x-ray glasses but with certain pills you know he could see...great at the lower doses but...

CatsCan

Practically Family
Happy End!

A few days ago the parcel from China with the ordered "Deck Jacket" eventually came ;) I was looking at the package and was exited! It is one of those magic Deck Jackets! You know... those that are extremely small in a pack but when you pack it out it is a normal size wearable Deck Jacket! A Deck Jacket with features of packable down jackets!
No... not really. Look what was in the package:

IMG_20210212_161405.jpg

Wow! Not serious! Because of the parcel was too small for the real Deck Jacket, they put very expensive jewelry into it. Ah, I understand! I shall sell this and buy me a nice Deck Jacket for the money! Nice guys!

No.... not serious! Look, what was inside the box:

IMG_20210212_161324.jpg

Ok. Stainless steel cheap trash jewelry...

IMG_20210212_161356.jpg

No!!! They really ripped me!! Oh noooo! I paid for a Deck Jacket and end up with jewelry from a chewing gum automat. But wait!

Here is the happy end:

IMG-20210216-WA0001.jpg

The credit card company had pushed forward and the chinese bank looked at the account and refunded the money!

In the end, these chinese gangsters lost real money with their failed fraud. They had to pay for the parcel to Germany, they had to pay for the cheap jewelry. They actually LOST their money. Thats Victory. That feels great! When you turn from a loser into a winner.

So, don't give up. If you have documented every step, and go ahead and have a good credit card provider, you don't need to lose this game! Don't think, ah it's not worth my time. In the end there are thousands of people like you, who are ripped every day. Your part may be small but when everybody fights these gangsters, there is a chance to strike back.

In my imagination i see chinese officers rushing into a bureau building, I can see chinese guys with their hands cuffed and heads low being forced down the straiways and into cars, I can see chinese prisons and work camps.

Cats

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_161405.jpg
    IMG_20210212_161405.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 1,114
Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Happy End!

A few days ago the parcel from China with the ordered "Deck Jacket" eventually came ;) I was looking at the package and was exited! It is one of those magic Deck Jackets! You know... those that are extremely small in a pack but when you pack it out it is a normal size wearable Deck Jacket! A Deck Jacket with features of packable down jackets!

Wow! Not serious! Because of the parcel was too small for the real Deck Jacket, they put very expensive jewelry into it. Ah, I understand! I shall sell this and buy me a nice Deck Jacket for the money! Nice guys!

No!!! The really ripped me!! Oh noooo! I paid for a Deck Jacket and end up with jewelry from a chewing gum automat. But wait!

Here is the happy end:

The credit card company had pushed forward and the chinese bank looked at the account and refunded the money!

In the end, these chinese gangsters lost real money with their failed fraud. They had to pay for the parcel to Germany, they had to pay for the cheap jewelry. They actually LOST their money. Thats Victory. That feels great! When you turn from a loser into a winner.

So, don't give up. If you have documented every step, and go ahead and have a good credit card provider, you don't need to lose this game! Don't think, ah it's not worth my time. In the end there are thousand people like you, who are ripped every day. Your part may be small but when everybody fights these gangsters, there is a chance to strike back.

In my imagination i see chinese officers rushing into a bureau building, I can see chinese guys with their hands cuffed and heads low being forced down the straiways and into cars, I can see chinese prisons and work camps.

Cats

Result! FB is still covered in these bandits advertisements, plenty of people are falling for it...$50 Eastmans jackets, remote control Willys jeeps for $40. If I see them I just comment SCAM, have heard nothing back from FB after reporting a load of them but then again FB makes vast sums from adverts..they both get paid and normal folk get suckered.

CatsCan

Practically Family
Yeah, I don't want to know how big the economical damage really is. And I guess it is extremely profitable for at least some. But we can help people here on the forum to be more aware. Many are. But some may not be aware of this. And we can collect our cases and experiences with how to proceed if ripped, to help strenghen the community to fight back.
In this regard I am especially thankful for the comments of sweetfights, Edward and Fonzie. They put me on the idea, that there is a way to get the money back. And it actually worked! Great! Thanks, lads!

Cats

Last edited:

Alec Leamas

New in Town
That's an epic tale of deceit, disappointment, anger and then redemption! Great stuff.

Good to know that others out there (Bronson and vtgdr_store etc) are genuine and respected sellers, I have a few items on the way (first time ordering) from both Bronson and ebay that I've been having the occasional worry about whether they'll turn up!

Edward

Bartender
Happy End!

No!!! They really ripped me!! Oh noooo! I paid for a Deck Jacket and end up with jewelry from a chewing gum automat. But wait!

Here is the happy end:

So, don't give up. If you have documented every step, and go ahead and have a good credit card provider, you don't need to lose this game! Don't think, ah it's not worth my time. In the end there are thousands of people like you, who are ripped every day. Your part may be small but when everybody fights these gangsters, there is a chance to strike back.

Cats

One thing these scans are notorious for is sending out some tacky, cheap thing and then when challenged they'll try and claim they did indeed send to item and the recipient is fibbing, pointing to the shipping record. Good to see it failed here!

Recently bought some nice wooden jigsaws as a present for the wife myself; got what I ordered, almost: they sent me the right designs but in A5 size, not A3. I challenged it on paypal asking for a return of basically half my money (the price difference between the two). Company asked for photos and a copy of the order, which I sent them, and almost immediately the difference was refunded. Advertised at huge reductions for a "going out of business" sale (which may have been a truthfully flexible sales spiel), but to be fair to them with the proof of order and a photo of the smaller item sent, they made good. Does seem I was lucky and they were an honest seller.

China has a big push on over the last four years to really amp up ecommerce with the rest of the world, so I wouldn't be surprised if the authorities there start clamping down much harder on the scammers who hurt the market by making people distrust Chinese sellers.

Result! FB is still covered in these bandits advertisements, plenty of people are falling for it...$50 Eastmans jackets, remote control Willys jeeps for $40. If I see them I just comment SCAM, have heard nothing back from FB after reporting a load of them but then again FB makes vast sums from adverts..they both get paid and normal folk get suckered.

What seems most unfair is that those who get hurt will often be people who recognise the brands or styles that a partner / relative / friend are into and don't know any better about the price. Like the little old lady who think's she's found the perfect present she can afford for a grandchild getting ripped off.... You have to wonder at the lack of conscience of the scammers.

Edward

Bartender
Happy End!

Here is the happy end:

Cats

One thing these scans are notorious for is sending out some tacky, cheap thing and then when challenged they'll try and claim they did indeed send to item and the recipient is fibbing, pointing to the shipping record. Good to see it failed here!

Recently bought some nice wooden jigsaws as a present for the wife myself; got what I ordered, almost: they sent me the right designs but in A5 size, not A3. I challenged it on paypal asking for a return of basically half my money (the price difference between the two). Company asked for photos and a copy of the order, which I sent them, and almost immediately the difference was refunded. Advertised at huge reductions for a "going out of business" sale (which may have been a truthfully flexible sales spiel), but to be fair to them with the proof of order and a photo of the smaller item sent, they made good. Does seem I was lucky and they were an honest seller.

China has a big push on over the last four years to really amp up ecommerce with the rest of the world, so I wouldn't be surprised if the authorities there start clamping down much harder on the scammers who hurt the market by making people distrust Chinese sellers.

What seems most unfair is that those who get hurt will often be people who recognise the brands or styles that a partner / relative / friend are into and don't know any better about the price. Like the little old lady who think's she's found the perfect present she can afford for a grandchild getting ripped off.... You have to wonder at the lack of conscience of the scammers.

CatsCan

Practically Family
Good to know that others out there (Bronson and vtgdr_store etc) are genuine and respected sellers, I have a few items on the way (first time ordering) from both Bronson and ebay that I've been having the occasional worry about whether they'll turn up!

There is good and bad everywhere. When your ordered from Bronson or from vtgdr_store's ebay shop, you will receive your items no problems. And should there be issues, both are very responsive and helpful. Mistakes can happen anytime when humans do things. But - yes - the scammers spoil the reputation of the honest tradespeople.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points