Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fall/Winter Coat

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
Alright guys, here's what I have. Since it's getting into fall and winter, I'm interested in getting a new jacket or coat. I'm looking for something like a pea-coat, but not so itchy. Something that is like a trench, but has a shorter tail. A good Classic Looking jacket that can go with Anything, preferably double-breasted. Anybody have an idea?

Thanks,

J.J.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
ufguy11 said:
I'm looking for something like a pea-coat, but not so itchy. .
Pea-coats can be fashioned from soft wool or even cashmere.

ufguy11 said:
A good Classic Looking jacket that can go with Anything, preferably double-breasted.
Look here.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Coat

Saw a great double-breasted wool coat on ebay last week,
also a few longer tweed overcoats ideal for casual day/night
student wear.

Duffle Coat?

You love 'em or you hate 'em, but a duffle coat is a classic that goes with everything from torn jeans with a holey sweater to a banker's suit (being something of a statement in the latter case).* Tomasso's link, above, will show you some. Mine (from J.Press two years ago) is dark green, quite soft and lined with foulard silk.

Headgear-wise, I have worn my duffel coat variously with tweed caps, Irish walkers (see Pat Moynihan), something vaguely Tirolean, an ordinary fedora and a smallish black Homburg. Curiously, the Homburg worked better than the fedora.

Sardou

*I've never seen a double breasted duffle coat. Twice as many toggles might make you look a bit like an Imperial Hussar fallen on hard times.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
I agree with the above poster; Duffle Coat. Mine is Royal Navy circa the '80s but the style has not changed since WWI. These things are warm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy