Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Uuuuuuh man! Just read this above, just devastating!
My deepest sympathies and honest condolences to your loss!!

Edward

Bartender
This might be the only time I post a photograph of my wife online without asking her permission first:

yLON0X2.jpg

This is Mary Ann at a family gathering in October of 2019. Not her best photo, but it'll do. We met in late 1979, had our first date in May, 1980, and married on August 22, 1981. And on Friday morning, June 3rd, 2022, she took her last breath. The short version of the story is that she was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease in June of 2019, roughly four months before this photo was taken. She spent the last year of her life in a hospital bed at home, while I acted as her primary Caregiver (with doctors and nurses overseeing her care, of course). And...hell, I don't know what else to say. I'm gutted.

So sorry to hear this. May her memory be a blessing to you.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
This might be the only time I post a photograph of my wife online without asking her permission first:

yLON0X2.jpg

This is Mary Ann at a family gathering in October of 2019. Not her best photo, but it'll do. We met in late 1979, had our first date in May, 1980, and married on August 22, 1981. And on Friday morning, June 3rd, 2022, she took her last breath. The short version of the story is that she was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease in June of 2019, roughly four months before this photo was taken. She spent the last year of her life in a hospital bed at home, while I acted as her primary Caregiver (with doctors and nurses overseeing her care, of course). And...hell, I don't know what else to say. I'm gutted.
I'm so sorry for your loss. She looks so happy in the photo. Treasure that memory.

Tiki Tom

I’m stunned and deeply moved. Zombie, I had no idea. My heart goes out to you. I’m truly saddened and sorry. Yes, she looks like a wonderful person.

Count me as one of the many people here at the lounge who care about you.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Lily told me she didn't want to go to see Santa this year. I told her that the Santa visits were about making some of my favorite memories of her growing up for me. We compromised, and she chose her own outfit (instead of wearing a fancy dress picked by me), and didn't have to sit on his lap (which would have been awkward!). Less than 2 months until she's a teen!

Attachments

• IMG_20221228_075507.jpg
    IMG_20221228_075507.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56

Big Man

Lily told me she didn't want to go to see Santa this year. I told her that the Santa visits were about making some of my favorite memories of her growing up for me. We compromised, and she chose her own outfit (instead of wearing a fancy dress picked by me), and didn't have to sit on his lap (which would have been awkward!). Less than 2 months until she's a teen!

It didn't bother me watching my children grow up, but watching my grandchildren grow up has been a different story. Your daughter and my granddaughter Mackenna are the same age (Mackenna will be 13 in about two weeks). I really miss the "little" Mackenna.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner