Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion Fabrics Club

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hey gals- I've heard great reviews of this site and just thought I'd pass it on. They have both wool and rayon gaberdine right now, and rayon crepe. It's really exciting to find them! I placed an order a few weeks ago and I have to say they have excellent customer service. I ordered 7 yards of a vintage style print in silk charmeuse and the head of the department got back to me letting me know that there was not enough to complete my order and offered what was left instead. It's nice to have an internet company let you know what's going on instead of just saying "sorry, sold out."

http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com

Wool Gab- make sure to check fabric content as some are mixed with synthetics

Rayon gab (ditto on above)

Rayon Crepe

More vintage style:
Rayon floral print that looks like vintage lingerie or nightwear
R972.250x250_thumb.gif

Rayon/linen blend
L662.250x250_thumb.gif

Silk Crepe
X173.250x250_thumb.gif

Floral Silk
R713.250x250_thumb.gif

Katydid

One of the Regulars
I finally got around to ordering from this site as well. I'm so excited to get my fabric. I ordered a burgandy silk rayon and seafoam wool gab. The rayon should be here this week! And ditto on the customer service. I had some questions that I asked with my order and they got back to me the same day. I'd say that's pretty good!

Vanessa

One Too Many
I think we may have exhausted their store of gab. I know I ordered 10 yards last week. . .anxiously waiting for it in the mail. Going to whip up a suit whenever it arrives.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Thanks for the heads up on this e-vendor. I was wondering how their service was.

I happen to live in a city (Los Angeles) with independent fabric stores and the garment district.

However, since my favorite fabric store, Florence Fabrics went out of business, I am at a loss for good fabrics. Although I bought about $1500 worth of vintage fabric (at 80% off so only $300), and I haven't even started to get though all of that.

Back to sewing...

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
You ladies just keep sending me off to places where I'm tempted to buy things! I think I'll definitely order from this site for my next sewing project.

Sunny

One Too Many
Let me echo how good this site is! I've ordered a fair amount from them, and a number of reenactors I know use it even more. Get on their email list, because they send out weekly sales and occasionally blanket sales codes. They also have a monthly swatch subscription (or free with the first order) that's definitely worth it. The retail store is in St. Louis - I want to go someday!

If you see something you like, don't wait. They tend to sell out pretty quickly for hot things. Of course, some have stayed around for many months. :) My big win was $3/yd suiting wool - originally well over $10/yd. It made a fabulous ACW dress.

A search tip: type "100" and you'll get fabrics that are 100% something. Like:

"wool gab 100" will pull up all listings with 100% wool gab.

"100 silk" will pull up 100% acetate "silk-look" in addition to 100% silk, but sorting by price will make it easy to skip those.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've spent 1000s of $ from them over the last 15 years or so. Good to order from. Not so good to return things to, after I preshrunk several pieces according to the care label and the fabrics changed completely. I never got a refund or even the distorted fabrics back and got yelled at over the phone! :eek: Oh, well, it's not the worst thing that's ever happened to me! They had some beautiful brocades which brought me back to buying from them, but not in the thousands of dollars range.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Sure thing! I'm also glad to hear reviews from the girls that have ordered from them. I have a very good friend who is doing a mission in St Louis. When I go out to see her I'll have to make sure to go to their store!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Got my first order!

And I'm thrilled! I picked up some buttery soft tweeded wool. I would definitely shop with them again.

Honey Doll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24