Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion with Aunt Flow

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
WOW, Miss Dottie, you just shocked me so badly I near fell of my chair when I read your post. I know I have fibroids but had no idea they could get so big. I'm pleased your surgery went well and hope you find yourself expecting as soon as you like.
Kim, I had pain several years ago like you described and it was found I had a cyst on the ovary which had burst. Find someone who will listen and take you seriously.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Miss Dottie :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had no idea! Whoa! I am glad that your surgery went well, and that you aren't in pain anymore! I am also happy to hear that someone else knows of TCOYF. I hope that you are able to conceive soon! I am glad that you found out what was getting in your way. Now if only my doctor can help figure out my problem. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Mmm, I usually give up completely during my "friend"'s visit.... I'll do my hair and makeup to perk me up a bit, but I wear mostly comfy jeans/capris, loose skirts and comfy things of all sorts.

I feel horrid during that time-- basically every horrible symptom you can think of, I get them... cramps, really bad lower back pain, bloating, headaches, fatigue, moodiness and crazy emotions... and all for a bit over a week. :( I've been thinking of going on the pill just to get rid of it all. Has that worked for any ladies here? Maybe I should get checked for fibroids, like Miss Dottie?

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Adelaidey said:
I feel horrid during that time-- basically every horrible symptom you can think of, I get them... cramps, really bad lower back pain, bloating, headaches, fatigue, moodiness and crazy emotions... and all for a bit over a week. :( I've been thinking of going on the pill just to get rid of it all.

I was on the pill during college and had no symptoms at all. I went off it when I met my husband (we abstained before marriage). I went on them for a short time when we got married, but then went off them again due to some undesired side effects. The pill can ramp up female hormones which can over power the natural male hormones a woman produces. Testosterone is what causes libido in women, and without it .... :(

BUT! They were great! I had no cramps, a 3 day period that was VERY light, and next to no mood swings. Hurrah!

I am obviously not on the pill now, and we sound very much alike with our symptoms. For the week leading up to, I get a bit emotional and my breasts get very swollen and hurt quite a bit. Then during I cry alot, get moody and irritable, very tired, my back hurts like a son-of-a-gun, etc. I am not sure you are really abnormal with your symptoms. However, if you don't like them (who does!?) the pill may work quite well for you :)

Just be aware - if you take the pill for a long time and then decide to get pregnant, it can take months for your body to return to its own cycle. It may take a while for ovulation to resume. Just a heads up :) They make it sound like you will get pregnant the month after you stop taking the pill, which may be true in some cases, but not all.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
GoldLeaf said:
Miss Dottie :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had no idea! Whoa! I am glad that your surgery went well, and that you aren't in pain anymore! I am also happy to hear that someone else knows of TCOYF. I hope that you are able to conceive soon! I am glad that you found out what was getting in your way. Now if only my doctor can help figure out my problem. I will keep you in my thoughts.

I hope you get to the bottom of your problem. Please discuss fibroids with your doctor. It started with an annual OBGYN appointment and my doc telling me that my uterus felt "enlarged"--usually a sign of fibroids along with painful bloody periods.

Reproductive issues are intense to say the least!

And here's to knitting booties for our babies in 2008.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Miss Dottie said:
And here's to knitting booties for our babies in 2008.

You know what that statement made me want to do? Squish you while saying "squeeeeeee" lol

I'm sorry, that just made me feel really, really happy :) That would be delightful, to have a fellow lounger to swap patterns and stories with!

Ok, I can't control myself!

squeeeeeeee and
::squish::

Kim_B

Practically Family
Unfortunately I can't say the same for being on the Pill...I was put on the Pill shortly after graduating high school as a way to combat the terrible symptoms I was already having (after having my boss complain for me missing so much work). It made my period easier to deal with, but the cramps/bloating/moodiness (down right meanness some times!)/etc. where still very much present.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters