Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Cafe Racer

stenaloom

New in Town
I am looking for a Cafe Racer jacket. Something simple and elegant. Horsehide, higher end.
I already own a Schott 530 but I feel it doesn't fit me quite as well as I would like to and I'm gonna sell it.

The ones that have caught my eye so far -

The Flat Head Cafe Racer
Real Mccoy J100
Himel Bros Kensington (seem quite long in the body?)
Iron Heart IHJ-35 (not the most traditional fit?)

Do you guys have any favorites of your own that you would recommend or have anything to say about the jackets mentioned above?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am looking for a Cafe Racer jacket. Something simple and elegant. Horsehide, higher end.
I already own a Schott 530 but I feel it doesn't fit me quite as well as I would like to and I'm gonna sell it.

The ones that have caught my eye so far -

The Flat Head Cafe Racer
Real Mccoy J100
Himel Bros Kensington (seem quite long in the body?)
Iron Heart IHJ-35 (not the most traditional fit?)

Do you guys have any favorites of your own that you would recommend or have anything to say about the jackets mentioned above?
As an Aero fanboy, I must of course recommend my custom J-100 ;)
IMG_9973.jpeg IMG_9952.jpeg

Cheech

A-List Customer
@MrProper, you get as much out of an Aero jacket fit-wise as anyone ever has. Seriously. Which leather is that? Vicenza blackened brown?

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
fwiw, the overall silhouette looks nearly identical between the RMC & Aero.
Just looks like there's a bit of weird creasing action between the upper chest and the shoulder on the Aero - but that's being nitpicky
both look like well fit jackets

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I like the shoulder angle of that vanson more than aero or j100, but I like how aero attaches the collar band inside the neck hole rather than over the neck hole (sandwiching the neck hole) like on vanson and many other.

stenaloom

New in Town

Torvic

Familiar Face
I'm in the same boat friend! I just sold an aero and I'm waiting to sell this one too so I can buy the same ELMC again in my size, I really fell in love with this jacket.

Greetings from Mallorca.

stenaloom

New in Town
I'm in the same boat friend! I just sold an aero and I'm waiting to sell this one too so I can buy the same ELMC again in my size, I really fell in love with this jacket.

Greetings from Mallorca.
Also, I think 42 might be a bit large for me. I'm 176cm 78kg and usually wear a 38 or 40 with P2P 21-22" and Shoulders 17-18".

Torvic

Familiar Face
Between 40 or 42 would be in your case, I have similar measurements to yours, think that the j100 has a tighter pattern, this jacket fits me well but I made the mistake of ordering the long version which turned out to be too long for me It would be perfect for someone taller!

mumpy

A-List Customer
I can totally vouch for the ELMC horse, very comfortable, great character and amazing smell. It is a bit on the lightweight side but is definitely solid.

Also ELMC does great patterns (at least everything I have tried, fit me very well).

Torvic

Familiar Face
The thickness of the leather that ELMC uses is ideal for the Mediterranean climate we have on the island!

stenaloom

New in Town
Between 40 or 42 would be in your case, I have similar measurements to yours, think that the j100 has a tighter pattern, this jacket fits me well but I made the mistake of ordering the long version which turned out to be too long for me It would be perfect for someone taller!
Bit worried about that length. 27" feels like a lot. My current jackets are ~25.5. Do you have fit pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner