Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite cars of the golden era

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They need to leave the 30's style alone

Cool car Root! General Motors here recently messed with a 1948-type Holden (Aussie equivalent of Chevy) and came up with this Deco-inspired concept car. I like the general lines of the car, yeah it is a bit hot rod-like in parts but the fact that a major company built this intrigues me. What do you all think?

Efijy6_640x480.jpg

Efijy5_640x480.jpg

Efijy.jpg

Efijy1_640x480.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Raise the roofline a bit and raise the entire car off the ground another half-foot or so, and it looks pretty good! Not bad for a modern treatment of Deco-style.

Brad

Speedster

Practically Family
You beat me Benny Holliday...

I have a Power Point presentation of the Holden Efijy concept car, which i have tried to post here but i cannot figure out how to do it. Is it at all possible??

Wild Root

Gone Home
Marc Chevalier said:
Don't the Australians drive on the left side of the road -- like the Brits do? That would explain the steering wheel's placement.

Yes, they do but, if I were to buy one, the wheel would need to be on the left and not on the right.;)

=WR=

Yes, i really like the Phantom 1938! Slick Trick it be!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Wild Root said:
Yes, they do but, if I were to buy one, the wheel would need to be on the left and not on the right.;)

Picky Picky ;)

Plenty of people adjust to driving a car with the driver on the 'wrong' side....for whatever location they are in.....old english cars over here...and lots of military guys have their american cars in England, I remember having them drive through town...

KAT

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
Picky Picky ;)

Plenty of people adjust to driving a car with the driver on the 'wrong' side....for whatever location they are in.....old english cars over here...and lots of military guys have their american cars in England, I remember having them drive through town...

not just in england
they just dont wanna miss their cars for whatever reason

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Tony in Tarzana said:
It looks like something Lex Luthor would drive. ;)

Hmmm...

Bald head: check.
Facial scarring: check.
Decent wardrobe: check.

I think I'm close enough to Luthor & Blofeld for this. I'll take it!

A minion can put the Benz away...

Story

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]I think I'm probably already covered:

86915576_4a5aee1002_o_d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You need a Mauser Broomhandle and a 4'3" protege.

And a trunkful of sharks. With lasers on their heads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points