Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Non Red Lipstick Shades

Heather

Practically Family
Today I picked up a tube of maybelline's sensational lipstick in "make me pink". I friggin' love it! It's very comfortable and has excellent staying power. It's the perfect pink i've been searching for. :)

Joonie

Familiar Face
ShoreRoadLady said:
You might try Clinique's Almost Lipstick in "Black Honey". I've become accustomed to more color on my lips, but it's great for that just-a-hint-of-berry look. It looks dark purple in the tube, but it's very sheer - but not glossy & goopy - when you put it on.

Oh, I used to love that color! I now have to go buy some- it was really great!

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I have a Modele Perfect Lips in 'champagne' which is a really nice dusty rose. It's very nude and matte so it's barely noticeable. A good interview lipstick.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Corals but on the red side. I don't know if I can get away with deep shades of apricot and peach? I'm tired of pinks, wines and berries. After a period of going bare faced I'm wearing eyeliner in purple, navy and jade green, some eyeshadow and mascara again, I only have the Chanel 'Spices' quad so any lipstick has to work with my eyeliners and the quad shadows. I don't have a favorite lipstick whether red or not. Favorites simply aren't worth it for the reason others have stated; The manufacturer will most certainly discontinue it!:mad:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Playing Christmas music off my iPod today: Kay Starr's The Man With the Bag came on, and I noticed in her album picture, she's (gasp :eek:) not wearing red lipstick!

album-capitol-collectors-series.jpg

Theres that purple again. She looks great!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
C-dot said:
Playing Christmas music off my iPod today: Kay Starr's The Man With the Bag came on, and I noticed in her album picture, she's (gasp :eek:) not wearing red lipstick!

album-capitol-collectors-series.jpg

Theres that purple again. She looks great!

Beautiful color! I know it is painted but I wouldn't mind finding a lipstick like that, my blue eyes would really pop!

Coopsgirl

New in Town
I use Lip Ink lip stain in Redwood. It's a sheer brown pink and you can make it darker by layering it. I really like that one b/c it gives your lips a nice natural color but better than your own if that makes sense. I usually wear muted colors and very little makeup b/c I don't like a heavily made up look and it just doesn't look good on me anyway. I have coppery red hair and fair skin and the more natural colors look nice.

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
As a man I don`t wear lipstick but it looks very classy and feminine of you of the fairer sex. :)

I think my favorite non-red shade(indeed my favorite lipstick color of all)has to be a simple,soft shade of pink.I`ve always thought it looked very natural and alluring.

Ok,that`s one male`s $0.02 worth.
(wear more pink!) :D

HMH

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I love MAC Hug Me - a very soft pink. I also like wearing Bobbi Brown creamy lip colour in Blue Raspberry.

Max Factor Lipfinity is great too but I can't remember the name of the colour I wear!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters