Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite of all time and why

airfrogusmc

Suspended
I can't pick just one. Heres some that come to mind but that could change if you ask me tomorrow.

Coppola's masterpiece Apocalypse Now
Truffaut's Les Quatre cents coups
Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch
Coen Bro's Fargo
Malick's The Thin Red Line
Lumet's The Pawn Broker
Nolan's Memento
Scorsese's Raging Bull
Hawk's To Have and Have Not
Phil Alden Robinson's Field of Dreams a guilty pleasure (sorry)

StraightRazor

Familiar Face
Malick's The Thin Red Line

If ever there was a movie that could loose about 45 minutes and come out 100% better for it, this is it. I loved the look of this film, and most of the performances, and I also enjoyed seeing a modern WWII film that was set in the pacific theatre, but MAN, those 'dream' sequences ruined this film for me! This is one film I'm really torn between hating for what it is, and loving for what it could be. If only I could edit my own versions of certain films...

airfrogusmc

Suspended
StraightR, Interesting because I thought those elements from my perspective helped the movie. It was able to show more depth to the characters and also the real impact of war on not only the people fighting but the environment they are fighting in. And the finale shot of the small tree growing.
I read the James Jones book and saw the original film and this one in my opinion is a much more complete work. Interesting because I have a friend that has the same take on it that you do.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Great comedy, everytime I see it I bust out laughing. All star cast. Not one actor is the "lead". Ethel Merman was outstanding as the loud mouthed mother in law. It took on everything; greed, deceit, lying, speeding, theft, etc.:arated: Being from California I see that not much has changed in the way people acted then from now. It could be shot at the same locations, with the same characters using the same lines and it would apply today.

Seven Samurai? Great film. I also like the American version; Magnificent Seven.:cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails