Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Bloggers?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone,

Just wondering how many people on the Fedora Lounge run their own blogs? I think a few people do - I have seen them. I invite you all to share your blog here and tell us a bit about it.

My original blog was set up in October of 2009 and ran until the end of 2015. I covered a WIDE range of historical topics and I'm proud to say that it was a very successful blog.

At the start of 2016, I moved my blog to a paid domain rather than a free one (although I retained all the original content so that I wouldn't be starting from scratch) and I'm sorta starting-over. But now, I have many more avenues open.

My blog is Throughout History.

I also have a Youtube Channel and a Pinterest account (which are listed in the 'EXTERNAL LINKS' page in my blog, down the left-hand side).

If you're interested, please have a look, and leave a comment or a rating!!

So, what about the rest of you FL bloggers? I know you're out there! I've seen you!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I started my blog in 2005. I used to post every day, then it went to every other day, then maybe one day a week, and now I'm lucky if I write one post a month! I still enjoy it, though. I also have a blog where I write reviews on WW2 books, movies, music, etc. I'm way behind on that one, too. Links are in my signature.

I'm also on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ww2historian/

I started my blog in 2005. I used to post every day, then it went to every other day, then maybe one day a week, and now I'm lucky if I write one post a month! I still enjoy it, though. I also have a blog where I write reviews on WW2 books, movies, music, etc. I'm way behind on that one, too. Links are in my signature.

Just randomly flipped through your pinterest page and now I want that apple and gouda grill cheese - darn you and your outstanding taste.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up

AmateisGal, I do believe we're following each other on Pinterest!!

...Small world! :eek:

...You have some BEAUTIFUL pictures, by the way.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
My "Man from U.N.C.L.E." blog, "No Man Is Free," is in my signature. When the DVD set of the entire series came out in late 2007, we on the premier Yahoo! fan group for the series, Channel D, decided to step through the episodes, one per week, and discuss what worked and what didn't. Yours truly had been wanting to write about the show since, oh, I dunno, 1964. So each Monday from 2008 to 2010 I posted a ca. 500-word review/commentary about that week's episode. (Looking back, I realize I wrote about 50K words in total -- the equivalent of a short book!)

The fans on Channel D suggested I archive my posts for people to reread, thus I came to Blogger and was able to add pics from each episode. I added the 2015 movie to it, but aside from that it's mostly a reference work at this point.

Last edited:

Old Mariner

One of the Regulars
Happened to notice the mention of Pinterest.

I currently have an account, but in the process of moving my "ideas" into a notebook. I mainly used it for organizing subject matter that was just too overwhelming for me to organize in my mind (a sort of virtual reality for me to organize my ideas). I did this for my style (both personal and interior style). I still have some images to move off - just have not figured out a way for all the palette pins to be moved off without overloading my phone. So, it's a process that will be a bit, but I am pleased with the outcome.

I also was able to find items there that I wanted to buy for myself, but once having done so, I see no point in keeping the "pin". Therefore it's pretty much served its purpose for me.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
One day I might just come to grips with technology, that which seems like child's play to so many, is to me, like an assault course. A newspaper report, that I read some years ago, explained that a blog was simply a truncation of web and log, consisting of informal, diary-like entries. "You should do that," my missus told me, "you enjoy writing and you're not too bad a wordsmith." And that's as far as I've got. My problem is a lack of patience. Being ignorant of the best use of technology, I have accidentally deleted pages of entries, and of course, they weren't backed up somewhere because I didn't know how. Others have said that the same has happened to them, they get annoyed, swear even, but they learn, or at least learn how to back up their work page by page, whereas I resort to profanities and simply give up.

On the other hand, I have written an extensive journal about life, experiences and events in the company of an old MG, and when I say written, it's just that, hand written. At least those pages can never crash. The journal, now into it's second volume, goes with the car, with my wife and myself, to all sorts of vintage events. It's displayed on a lectern in front of the car where it always draws a crowd. At the back of the journal are some blank pages with the invitation to leave a comment. To date the most prolific remark has been: "You should write a blog."
Jessica's file 001.JPG Display stand 003.JPG old photos 003.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112