Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora with cowboy boots?

I dunno. Looks OK to me.

46096596502_9bfc382774.jpg

Yancy.41

New in Town
I sometimes wear my one and only fedora (so far) with western packer boots.

I wear it more with old school leather hiking boots. I can imagine people doing that in the day when fedoras were as common as pants.

hambone71

Practically Family
I don't wear loafers or any other type of dress shoes. My "dress shoes" are my boots. Now, I have a pair of high end wing tips to wear in the event I have to put on a suit, and that ain't gonna be too often. Other than that, I wear work boots to work and some variation of a sneaker to workout or cardio, and cowboy boots for everything else. I go to a very small country church where suits and sport coats make you look uppity, so it's usually jeans, occasionally khakis, and cowboy boots topped with a good felt fedora. Same for going out on the weekends with my lady. Boots and a thin ribbon fedora are a match made in heaven.

chivaceae

New in Town
It is. Repurposed wire rack bathroom shelf. I used bolts, washers and nuts to hold tennis balls to the side of the shelves.
Thanks for the information on your hat rack. I am in big need of one for my hats (to be placed in my office, where I keep most). Raul

Yahoody

One Too Many
Last I looked I have about as many hats as pairs of boots. I mix and match as I see fit or more than likely what my beat-up feet are telling me to wear that particular day. Not all that stylish, but running shoes are always a safe bet no matter the hat size.

1683769836265.jpeg

1683770641458.jpeg

What I ride in is not generally what I wear working in the round pen. High heels, leather soles? Not the best use of a good boot in the sand. I rope but I don't do it for money. I also might get on the off side but I seldom get off on the off side. Almost never in a hurry to get on or off. Spurs, saddles, and the horse is a whole other game roping for time and $, measured in 100ths of a second. Heck of a lot easier to run ( or just walk) in a "roper" boot than it is in a buckaroo boot. And no one wants to trip over their spurs :) My work boots are pretty much all "roper" styled boots. Work here might be a trip to the irrigation store, feeding the various animals. An hour or so in the round pen with one of our young rank ones or moving pipe in a wet, early morning hay field. Very likely more "cowboys" have worn a fedora sized hat than have ever worn a big brimmed, movie style "cowboy" hat. Easier to keep a small hat on in the wind as well ;)

1683771700971.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points