Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Don't know why I never posted this. It's at the Moorabbin metro rail stop just outside Melbourne, Australia after having bought my Campdraft from Sam at Everything Australian this past February. This was the temporary crease I did while waiting for the train.

9a68443f8474fe6e2bc1ca9ab2524375.jpg

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Annual camping trip to the Dells. Better my friends model the hat I wore than my ugly mug . So here is Nora modeling a custom dress western body beaver that I made .
[/URL

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
After some beach time, went to Tharsis mines in Spain. Those mines are abandoned for quite some years. It had a small narrow gauge railway (scrapped years ago), but there are some rolling stock around the mining town.
20140816b.jpg

tarsis01.jpg

tarsis02.jpg

tarsis03.jpg

tarsis04.jpg

tarsis06.jpg

tarsis07.jpg

Found some more JD Honey since my first bottle bought 2 weeks ago is almost empty...
JDhoney2.jpg

Pa Fig

New in Town
:edit:

Mr Fig, you have been warned two times about self promotion. While we value your contributions we have sponsors on the Lounge.
It is not fair to the ones that contribute financially to the Lounge to have members that use threads to hunt for business.

RBH
Hats Bartender

Last edited by a moderator:

Pa Fig

New in Town
:edit:

Mr Fig, you have been warned two times about self promotion. While we value your contributions we have sponsors on the Lounge.
It is not fair to the ones that contribute financially to the Lounge to have members that use threads to hunt for business.

RBH
Hats Bartender

so how much to self promote?
and what is considered self promotion? (surely not some obscure b&w photo of a Fedora in a Fedora thread - with the caption - "work in progress")
plus I am not selling anything - or manufacturing anything - I am making better what the people here already have - old hats - good old hats - the reason for this forum.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday after my morning sea bath, went to Spain again to see Vila Real de Santo António from the other side of the river Guadiana.
20140817b.jpg

After that we went on a drive in the Serra do Caldeirão. From here we can see the coastal line and the sea (sorry no zoom...).
serraalgarvia.jpg

After packing everything up in the car we went to Silves medieval days show. They decorated Silves castle and had a show near the river showing some ancient mussulman war games.
20140817c.jpg

silves01.jpg

silves02.jpg

silves03.jpg

silves04.jpg

silves05.jpg

silves06.jpg

silves07.jpg

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Savannah GA

Just walking around the Savannah, GA riverfront area after lunch today, while attending a conference. I was surprised that I have seen several men wearing decent fedoras while walking around town for the last few days. The Mad Hatter was also a pleasant surprise, mixed in with the junk fedoras and novelty hats was a pretty decent stock of Akubra Cattleman hats (even a few size 61's, unfortunately not in the color I wanted).

Attachments

• imagejpg1_zps2a570582.jpg
    imagejpg1_zps2a570582.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 142

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Viewing the thread this early afternoon - great posts folks. The posts on this thread highlight that fedoras work equally as well in Field and City.

I enjoy seeing the contributions to this thread.

This past June I captured these pics (1 day apart):

Edward Hooper exhibit at the Walker Art Center, MPLS in my VS Executive (blue smoke felt). A fascinating exhibit that had me come back 2 times to enjoy. The "process" exhibit" features many of his more under appreciated efforts and his draftsman skills. More here - http://www.walkerart.org/calendar/2014/hopper-drawing

IMG_0565-S.jpg

IMG_0566-M.jpg

IMG_0570-S.jpg
IMG_0569-S.jpg

At the cabin, Park Rapids, MN in my VS Wanderer (silverbely).

IMG_0665-M.jpg

Thanks for the posts folks.

Best, Eric -

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Good to see you here too Eric. Don't consider myself an art connoisseur but have always loved Hopper's paintings.

The cabin looks like a great escape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic