Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Hathorn Smoke Jumper
10929005_10206112204429998_3171772024036210400_n.jpg

tonypaj

Practically Family
Thanks dh, they are the black nitrile / cork sole. (seems much more nitrile than cork to me) I have now worn them once for an hour and can already tell that they are going to break in much quicker than Beckmans. They leather is softer (but not thinner) and the sole is more flexible. The leather, as you can see below, is perfectly named. As you flex the leather, this dark gray emerges making it look just like the color of a charcoal briquet. So far so good.

View attachment 22950
View attachment 22951

These are the charcoal version of Beckman style with IR sole? I have a pair of IRs in that color, and will try them with brown leather laces. I still can't figure out what to wear them with apart from jeans.

Edit for obvious reasons...

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
These are the charcoal version of Beckman style with IR sole? I have a pair of IRs in that color, and will try them with brown leather laces. I still can't figure out what to wear them with apart from jeans.

Edit for obvious reasons...

Basically, yes. Here in the US they are called the Blacksmith boot.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Brian,

Thx. They're a 7" WESCO Packer on the Motor Patrol last featuring black tie domain leather and natural edges. Cost approx $450 thru Baker's.

A-1

One Too Many
Two-year old black Indys, Alden 401.
Comfortable from day one. Not as heavy as for Viberg and likes yet sturdy. I only have to exclude the heel from the sturdiness category as I had to change it after 2 months of wear. However, same thing happened to me with my Viberg boots (Dainite sole).

2015-01-22 14.36.57.jpg
2015-01-22 14.37.06.jpg

Click on the photos to enlarge.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
A1, the 401s are so nice yet rarely seen- lookin sharp!!

Did you replace the heel caps with factory Footbalance caps or something else?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I really got my feet up today. Bought these Redwing boots many, many years ago. 1999 is my guess. And they have served me well ever since. Even in ankle-deep streams, snow...what have you.

A-1

One Too Many
A1, the 401s are so nice yet rarely seen- lookin sharp!!

Did you replace the heel caps with factory Footbalance caps or something else?

Thanks. I’ve always liked them in black as well that’s why I bought them in SF (for way too much money:) but in Germany they are way, way more expensive...).
I replaced the heel with a regular heel from a local cobbler. The Footbalance heel was through in just two months of regular wear. Plus, living in Germany, it’s hard to get your hands on these anyway. The new ones run laps around the Footbalance (stole that phrase from you!:eek:).

Speedster

Practically Family
I really got my feet up today. Bought these Redwing boots many, many years ago. 1999 is my guess. And they have served me well ever since. Even in ankle-deep streams, snow...what have you.

Difficult to see the colour of your boots Spitfire, but they look a lot like my boots:
IMG_49171-640x426.jpg
If your boots are red like mine, then they are from the beginning of the nineties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21