Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Robert C, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

My favourite workboots, from left to right: William Lennon standard 78; William Lennon custom 78PTC; William Lennon custom Horween CXL 107F; and Block and Last Horween Baseball Glove.

work 1.jpg work 2.jpg

Benny Holiday and BobHufford like this.
  2. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

I bought a pair of Dean boots from Huckberry. Incredibly fast shipping on them too!
    [​IMG]

3. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

Frye's[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. dh66

dh66

'Before' pics of my Red Wing 877s. Hands down the most comfortable boots I own. I braved the suburban death by stress inducing traffic and took them out to the local dealer for a refurb this afternoon. I'll post up some 'after' pics in a few weeks when I get 'em back.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

Red Wing Blacksmith in hawthorne muleskinner roughout. Screenshot_20190618_172602_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Colin G, Dm101, Yamahana and 7 others like this.
  6. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

That's a great collection of boots! I didn't know the 78PTCs could be custom ordered in black. I love that model!

7. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

Thanks Benny!
    I think you can customize any of their models, at least I didn't meet any objections customizing mine a couple of years ago. Great boots and built like a tank, the black ones are my favourite ones (and the stiffest of them all).

Benny Holiday likes this.
  8. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

These Iron rangers will celebrate their 10th birthday later this year. Screenshot_20190621_092557_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

fabiovenhorst, Dav, Yamahana and 4 others like this.
  9. So33

So33 Familiar Face

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Picked up a pair of Wesco, Romeos, from their factory store. These are the ones off their discount list on-line. I wear 10 1/2 in tennis shoe, 9 1/2 in Whites and Nicks. I tried 9 1/2 but my heel slipped walking. Went with with 9E to my supprise.
    Also tried the discount list Boss boots, they're great looking and quality made.
    I specifically waited for my chance to swing by the store when in the area. It was a few year wait, but worth the while to try on different sizes.
    These Romeos are very heavy, made with thick leather and deep heel-cup.

Short Balding Guy and Mich486 like this.
  10. bluesmandan

bluesmandan One of the Regulars

Higgins Mill. Shovelin’ dirt and gravel today. Second pic, all cleaned up and ready to go again.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. fabiovenhorst

fabiovenhorst One Too Many

Woolrich Woodwright model
    65817978_3415721311795683_3939325329373396992_o.jpg

12. dh66

dh66

Thats a nice looking pair of boots. I'd be curious to see more photos if you'd care to share.

13. cookie

cookie I'll Lock Up

1930s Roo boot Renovation: Before

Attached Files:

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  14. cookie

cookie I'll Lock Up

1930s Roo boot Renovation: After = the durability of Kangaroo leather.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. fabiovenhorst

fabiovenhorst One Too Many

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-28 at 11.14.56.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-06-28 at 11.14.57.jpeg

16. bluesmandan

bluesmandan One of the Regulars

Not exactly work boots, though a lot of folks do work in chelsea boots. Was looking for a lighter colored boot for summer. These are waterproof, with a good commando tread, and made of thick leather. AE Surrey Chelsea boots. From their seconds sale.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yamahana, dh66 and Short Balding Guy like this.
  17. dh66

dh66

Those look really good. Great color.

bluesmandan likes this.
  18. dh66

dh66

1155 pecos with about 4 months wear on them. My 877s are my weekend boots of choice, but they still aren't back from the repair shop. Luckily these are still comfortable enough at the end of the work week to get me through the weekend, too.[​IMG]

Mich486, Mercer, Yamahana and 4 others like this.
  19. dh66

dh66

Red Wing repair update. Heres the after photos. A little over 2 weeks turnaround on these. They put a different kind of sole on them than they started out with. The new one has a layer of crepe material similar to the old ones, with a stiffer rubber layer on bottom. If these hold up longer than the old ones, it will justify the cost, $120, over the price of a local resole, which probably would've been about half that. I decided to send them back to the factory and pony up the extra $$ in hopes that they would do a better job than one of the local shops. Not sure that was the best call. The boots were pretty beat up, being used for actual work and all, but they showed up with the tops in rougher shape than they left in. They're still mighty comfortable boots, probably the most so that I own, but there are some pretty deep gouges in the leather to the point that by the time these soles are done, the boots will be totally shot. You can see these in the last couple of pictures. Nobody but me will ever notice, but I honestly expected better work for the price. I guess I'll chalk it up to the cost of experience.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Ouch!! If those gouges in the last two pics are Red Wings work i’d be raising the issue no matter how old they are!! That’s just totally unacceptable under any conditions. I’d let them know about it and see what they say.
    Bowen