Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Thanks, I didn't know about that. I suspect there was some as they'd spent three years abandoned in the garden shed, most of the white is cement from when I bricklaying in them though . Time will tell to see how they hold up, the leather was like cardboard before I started so I didn't expect much, but it doesn't bother me really, I just thought I'd have a go as they were just so comfortable.
I suspect not much can live off anything covered with concrete dust and residue. You're probably safe from mold. If it does show up, I've had good luck rubbing down molding leather with a vinegar dampened cloth.

JJackie

New in Town
A new pair of White’s semi dress. The first couple of days are hell when breaking them in. Actually I didn’t break the boots in, they broke my feet in. My formerly flat feet now have an arch.
5e09245a2b4f563c6515f652205d20a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh these really caught my attention. Sorry for bumping this but those look gorgeous. I'm flat-footed myself and I always struggle with proper shoes. Thanks to the Willpowerpeak I was so glad to find out that there are brands which have specific shoes for people like me. But where I can find a pair of these as you have? Or can you suggest me a shoemaker? Thanks in advance!

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
Oh these really caught my attention. Sorry for bumping this but those look gorgeous. I'm flat-footed myself and I always struggle with proper shoes. Thanks to the Willpowerpeak I was so glad to find out that there are brands which have specific shoes for people like me. But where I can find a pair of these as you have? Or can you suggest me a shoemaker? Thanks in advance!

Bakershoe.com is used by a lot of folks to size and buy White’s boots. You can also check out White’s own website. I bought mine from White’s Ebay front. https://ebay.com/usr/whitesriver

They have several lasts supposedly good for wide flat feet. The 55, the Northwest, 1970, MP, and 610. I have the 55 Semi Dress. They make specific lasts for women too but I don’t know anything about them.

Herzen

One of the Regulars
F2F448B9-EE6A-45D0-8464-8951DC6268CD.jpeg

Going with the old standard black harness Iron Rangers: the gateway drug of boot collecting. It’s funny; I have two pairs of IRs, have had both for 8 or 9 years. The amber harness pair broke in almost immediately and are as comfortable as sneakers. This pair took over 5 years of admittedly intermittent wear to become at all comfortable.

View attachment 195124
Going with the old standard black harness Iron Rangers: the gateway drug of boot collecting. It’s funny; I have two pairs of IRs, have had both for 8 or 9 years. The amber harness pair broke in almost immediately and are as comfortable as sneakers. This pair took over 5 years of admittedly intermittent wear to become at all comfortable.
They look good in black, though....almost enough to make me consider another pair

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fe32f12e147d21daec8faf79540eb284.jpg
089e74037a369b631c12a35eb7e84a49.jpg
1acab939c52efe7077933cb0c2d714e0.jpg
pulled trigger on these. These HH Brown made ATF boots still uses the traditional veg tanned, spray painted leather that’s seen on many eBay 50s jackets, by Ward, Sears et al. I really want to know where the leather is sourced & see if one can make jackets out of it the thinner grades of course).

fe32f12e147d21daec8faf79540eb284.jpg
089e74037a369b631c12a35eb7e84a49.jpg
1acab939c52efe7077933cb0c2d714e0.jpg
pulled trigger on these. These HH Brown made ATF boots still uses the traditional veg tanned, spray painted leather that’s seen on many eBay 50s jackets, by Ward, Sears et al. I really want to know where the leather is sourced & see if one can make jackets out of it the thinner grades of course).

Nice looking set of boots. Please keep posting updates as they wear in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These ATF boots have one characteristic, the single layered leather sole combined with the Goodyear rubber creates a very stiff bottom. You have to bend it repeatedly to make it wearable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko