Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Few/ McCoys B2 Werber Leather Coat Inc.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Would love to see some pics of a B-2 and get your take on the fit etc. I saw a BR one at Aero last time I was there - I think it was being altered for someone - and immediately stuck it on my wish-list.

Edward

Bartender
I wish Aero would add a B2 to their range. Given it's not a million miles away from the Thunder Bay, they clearly have the equipment and the capability...

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is Rakuten Safe by the way?

Does anyone as some experience about it??
Rakuten is a market place for many Japanese shops like Amazon. It is safe but hiccups do occur e.g. I was sent a wrong size once and the shop I bought from did not respond to my email, possibly because they do not understand English. I have bought tons of stuffs from different shops there and so far that is the only hiccup I encountered. I would therefore suggest you pick one that states "We welcome foreign buyers". Those shops do ship overseas but may not be the cheapest. In case you can't find one that ships overseas, there are also a few forwarders which you can use for a small charge who will forward your goods. The problem is the service provided by the forwarders is limited to flight forwarding i.e. They will not help you with the order and returns. On the other hand some companies offer buying service but they usually charge 10-15% of the price but they will order the items for you.

remi

New in Town
Thanks a lot you're a great help!

I found ONE that says it ships overseas.

I was Kind of wondering since it´s a lot of money spending...

Thanks again!

Remi

remi

New in Town
I wish Aero would add a B2 to their range. Given it's not a million miles away from the Thunder Bay, they clearly have the equipment and the capability...

You're Right, it's not that far.

I actually asked them about it last year, ans theýre not going to pût it in there range anytime soon.

As i was pretty disapointed by the irvin i bought from them, i'd rather Wait and Pay a little more for the buzz or the the few one, who have expérience in that Jacket design.

Blackadder

Thanks a lot you're a great help!

I found ONE that says it ships overseas.

I was Kind of wondering since it´s a lot of money spending...

Thanks again!

Remi
Glad to be of help. I also like the B-2 but I won't get much chance to wear one on account of the weather here. The ANJ-4 I bought last year is still in my closet unworn. I was tempted by those used ones on Rakuten and am looking at Yahoo Auction Japan almost everyday for leather jackets. Who knows, I may eventually buy one myself.

Edward

Bartender
Indeed, but in the meantime, Ed, clear yer mail box!:D

Done!

You're Right, it's not that far.

I actually asked them about it last year, ans theýre not going to pût it in there range anytime soon.

As i was pretty disapointed by the irvin i bought from them, i'd rather Wait and Pay a little more for the buzz or the the few one, who have expérience in that Jacket design.

Pity, I'm sure they could do a B2 as well as any of them. What was the issue with your Irvin?

Edward

Bartender
Ken isn't a fan of the design.

Kinda his call, I suppose.... I imagine in part they just don't think there' the market for it, which is maybe fair... if it had been worn in WW2, it'd be the big seller, but inevitably the jackets that are most popular are the ones in the grainy 40s photos - or, more often, the ones worn in the Sixties war movies. ;) If only Steve Macqueen had worn one in something, we'd be falling all over them now!

Kinda his call, I suppose.... I imagine in part they just don't think there' the market for it, which is maybe fair... if it had been worn in WW2, it'd be the big seller, but inevitably the jackets that are most popular are the ones in the grainy 40s photos - or, more often, the ones worn in the Sixties war movies. ;) If only Steve Macqueen had worn one in something, we'd be falling all over them now!

Make 'er outta steer and it will be #1 with a bullit. Yes, bullit. :)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up

Edward, I've heard it said that in relation to construction they are the most time consuming and labour-intensive of all US leather flight jackets.

Blackadder

Just a quick note. Buzz Rickson makes three different models of the B-2. One is the black and one is with aniline horsehide. The thirdone and the cheapest however is made with cheaper thinner chrome tanned leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925