Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiddling with Photoshop...

The Wingnut

One Too Many
frontpage.jpg

This started off as just the bottom section, with the lit address. I was working with nothing more than Photoshop's tools and my imagination. I was inspired by the results, and kept at it until I'd built up a billboard. I slapped a shot from my webcam in there, added a few filters and played with the contrast, viola!

Funny how that started off as just a little trim piece for my site, and ended up being the whole frontend when I was finished. Thought everyone here would appreciate it, what with the streamline / machine age design.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Streamlining your website....WOW!

As soon as I saw that, I had to just pen you a few lines to say how 'great' I thought it looked. I really wish I could do something like that, seriously! Maybe I should invest in something like photoshop. So did you design that art deco styled streamlining at the bottom from scratch, or does PhotoShop have things in there to do it for you? I'm pretty ignorant of where to start with something like that. Hey thanks for sharing that, as it's really put a smile on my face to see someone's imagination create such super images!

My only attempt at something like this, was to hand draw this 1930's comic type characature of myself as an AAF pilot. I do try!! LoL.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Wingnut and Paddy...

No- not Clutch Cargo and Paddlefoot- Remember Clutch Cargo anyone?

Photoshop is a great tool, not only to render an idea but also as a source of creative inspiration. I'm currently working on a project about using photo-composite images in communication and of course, P'shop is a major factor in this. Wingnut, I liked your image and I visited your web site just before I left home for work. Paddy and I are also among the flight jacket and USAAF interested sect and it was great to see some of your images. It was also nice to read a little about you, Wingnut; as we find out a little more about each other, we surely realise that each of us has our own things to deal with, so many of the same trials and tribulations, hurdles, disappointments- so much in common in personal terms and also perhaps realise at the same time that the "image" we portray on such "anonymous" forums as this doesn't really offer that much insight into the people we actually are...

Anyhoo, nice picture.

BT.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Really enjoyed your diary WingNut

After Martin (BT) said he had read your diary, I thought I'd have a scan, and was just totally absorbed. It's reasonably open and struck a few chords with happenings in my own life, such as sitting down and planning your life, rather than letting it sail by, uncertainty of unemployment, leaving home..etc. Maybe I should start a diary, as things often seem more tangible and easier to analyse, and therefore plan for, when you have them written down, rather than floating like clouds across your mind! It's hard to tie a cloud down!

Again, echoeing Martin (great news about the job by the way!), it's great to see another "wingnut" on this forum. A lot of good things about the internet in bringing folk like ourselves together. A great think tank too for asking advice on AAF related things, sourcing items..et al. I'm amazing the things I have learned, and even more amazed that NOW folk ask me for advice, rather than vice versa (I'm not 'that' knowledgeable!).

Thanks for making this little corner of the internet a pleasure to be in chaps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy