Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Field Leathers now officially on the market.

https://fieldleathers.com/

The Idaho

B67B16C0-2A68-4DAE-83B9-44CEFF9C7167.jpeg

The Manhattan
679D9D27-3312-48B2-AE08-98063960EAB0.jpeg

The Michigan
7717E7DE-69A2-47CC-9D69-836E41C9704F.jpeg

The Route 66
1DC8091E-7E50-4A21-9F37-E51683470258.jpeg

Congratulations on your start and good luck.
I am happy to get one of the (probably) first jackets.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Looking forward to read the first reviews and see pictures. For a new company with no customer base nor standing in the community (yet) I feel the 800-1000 GBP pricing is quite ambitious but I'll gladly be proven wrong. Maybe that's just me being disappointed, having hoped for a new player in the 500-600 GBP price segment with Aeros prices having gone up and beyond over the past decade, we'll see!

dannyk

One Too Many
Looking forward to read the first reviews and see pictures. For a new company with no customer base nor standing in the community (yet) I feel the 800-1000 GBP pricing is quite ambitious but I'll gladly be proven wrong. Maybe that's just me being disappointed, having hoped for a new player in the 500-600 GBP price segment with Aeros prices having gone up and beyond over the past decade, we'll see!
While the prices are not cheap by any means, I think its because their choice to use Shinki and Badalassi. A lot of times with new makers you will see them start with lower priced leathers or using generic Horween CXL like black and brown and get it at a good price for ordering en masse.. Im not going to debate whats actually better or the best because its really eye of the beholder. But Shinki is very very very expensive, and Badalassi I believe can also be a bit pricey. I imagine that played heavily into this decision. Also at least one of the guys at Field, maybe others? Had worked at Aero. So they come into the game having worked in the business for a few years. Will it prove to be a good price, a good product and worth the money? Thats where Im sure plenty of folks on here will be ordering and giving us a ton of honest feedback.

dannyk

One Too Many
Oh and also I see a Manhattan in my future. That J-24 design looks fantastic. Not exactly cheap, but still more affordable than the RMC version.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I actually don't think the pricing is too high at all given what we know about Greg. It's not as if he actually came out of nowhere. We are aware that he has experience so given that and the leathers he is using, the prices seem quite fair.

My favorite part of this is that he came out swinging with two of the most desirable (and in my opinion, the two best) leathers on the market for jackets. He knew what he was doing.

Mawashi

One of the Regulars
Field Leathers now officially on the market.

https://fieldleathers.com/

The Idaho

View attachment 218939

The Manhattan
View attachment 218940

The Michigan
View attachment 218941

The Route 66
View attachment 218942

Congratulations on your start and good luck.
I am happy to get one of the (probably) first jackets.

I too was a little surprised when he told me his prices but a bit of research lead me to figure out that he's cut his teeth working at aero.

I applaud his decision to go solo! The fact he has his own designs and uses great leathers is a fantastic start.
I'm all for tradition but there's no way I'm wearing a jacket that looks like it came off a page of history unless it fits me to a tee.

The pictures he's shared w me of some of his jackets tells me he's all about getting the fit right no matter what size you are and that's something aero should be doing but isn't.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I mean no disrespect, but those prices are high for a new business that has yet to establish that they can deliver consistent quality, sizing and fit. If you are wealthy and you don't mind taking a gamble, perhaps you won't mind but if you are more frugal, probably not...

Last edited:

zebedee

One Too Many
I mean no disrespect, but those prices are high for a new business that has yet to establish that they can deliver consistent quality, sizing and fit. If you are wealthy and you don't mind taking a gamble, perhaps you won't mind but if you are more frugal, probably not...

I think they look great. The olive and the blue are really eye-catching. The price is also eye-catching, but if the man's of Aero renown and we hear good things, all good.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I think they look great. The olive and the blue are really eye-catching. The price is also eye-catching, but if the man's of Aero renown and we hear good things, all good.

I never said they didn't look good. :D And by the way - always nice to have more to choose from. I would still wait to buy until after the first dozen or so reviews have come in. I don't care where anyone comes from or how good their intentions are. It's business.

zebedee

One Too Many
I never said they didn't look good. :D And by the way - always nice to have more to choose from. I would still wait to buy until after the first dozen or so reviews have come in. I don't care where anyone comes from or how good their intentions are. It's business.
Sorry, that reply accidentally came off as a rebuttal- wasn't intended in that way.

Mich486

One Too Many
The Michigan imho is his best design. That in black Shinki is going to be a bomb.

I also think a darker shade of brown would be a nice addition to the leather offering although dark brown shinki seems hard to come by for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB