Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Film Noir Volume 2

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have just received the Film Noir vol. 2 !

It includes the following classics:

"Born To Kill"
"Clash by Night"
"The Narrow Margin"
"Dillinger"
"Crossfire"

All are great..some better than others. I will post reviews individually when I finish "complete analysis". The CROSSFIRE is supurb, Robert Mitchum, Robert Young, and Robert Ryan. I think it is the best of the bunch.

Chash by Night has Marilyn Monroe, Barbara Stanwick, Robert Ryan, and Paul Douglas. Filmed in Monterey, CA. Looks good.

Dillinger and Born to Kill both star Lawrence Tierney. He is a real "tough guy".

The Narrow Margin is a great NOIR with Charles McGraw...story about cops taking a gang wife to LA from Chicago..for testimony. Bad stuff happens. WOW!

I love these films. Great to see them coming out!

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
NARROW MARGIN is definitely the winner of the bunch. I'm surprised that DILLINGER was included in that set, whoever put it together must have a very loose defintion of Noir.

HaraldTheSwede

Familiar Face
Yes this is a fine box. I got mine a couple of weeks after it's (US) release. I hadn't watched Born To Kill, The Narrow Margin, or Dillinger before so I had to get it. Plus it has commentary tracks which is always nice.

Including Dillinger was a bit odd, but it's probably a wise decision when it comes to sales. Clash By Night though I have a harder time understanding why they included. It's easily the weakest of the five. Luckily the movies are sold separately as well if you don't want them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy