Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finalizing my Aero Sheene

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Are the arms on the Sheene cut like a motorcycle jacket, that is a bit foreward, or do they hang normally?

That depends on the kind of back the jacket has. I believe the Sheene comes with shoulder gussets as standard (?) but you can have it anyway you'd like. A bi-swing back provides the MC jacket range of movement, and a normal back doesn't allow for this range of movement which feels too restrictive IMO.. Shoulder gussets are a nice middle ground because they allow for more range of movement but still keep the back looking clean. Many people who don't ride don't like a bi-swing back because it makes the back look too 'busy', so to speak, ruining the simple, clean & casual look of the jacket.

Brettafett

One Too Many
If I were getting a Sheene, I'd get it as it comes and only customize lining, leather and length. The patterns by Aero are very carefully considered for balance and/or period authenticity and I trust the company to make the right aesthetic choices. Unless you have a very good reason to change the pattern I wouldn't.

True, always true. However.... That 'vintage' slyle collar of the 'new' premium 1930s HB would look amazing on a Sheene.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?78421-New-Aero-Premium-Slim-Fit-1930-s-Half-Belt

mowgli222

One of the Regulars

Brettafett

One Too Many
I wil be following this closely, keen to see what you arrive at and ultimately get. I may have missed this, but how tall are you and whats your weight?
Regs your fit pic, I think it looks good, your slight mods should make it perfect.
I may be wrong, but I believe you have to have the yoke and/ OR a kidney belt, they can't make a one piece back... (leather panels not big enough). I'd have one or the other. I like the idea of two panel arms. I also like the idea of gussets, if only cause I remember how much more comfy G-1s are to move around in than A-2s... That said, the jackets alluded to above are gorgeous looking in their simplicity.

mowgli222

One of the Regulars
Just finished placing my order with Thurston. After talking to Thurston decided to go with the August collar as it is a little bit smaller than the Highwayman collar.

Here are the final specs..

Style: Aero Sheene (Fontana Racer with August Collar) with left horizontal chest pocket,
Size: 38 with .5"added to each side panel so that the jacket is tapered to 1"larger in circumference at the bottom hem
Sleeves: 0.5" less than standard
Length: 0.25" less than standard
No shoulder gussets
Single pointed “V”-shaped yoke in the back
Two piece arms (Japanese slim-fit arms)
Leather: Heavy FQHH
Color: Brown
Zipper: Antique Brass with Diamond-Shaped Talon Pull on Chest Pocket and Bell-Shaped Pulls with Horsehide Toggles on Handwarmer Pockets
Lining: Olive cotton drill with Olive cotton drill in sleeves

And now I wait.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925