Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally, my first "real" fedora!

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
looks good- i forget the specs of that hat, but the side profile is nice. for your sake; if you can, maybe try and rebash the crown slightly, pushing out the sides a tad to lessen the taper, and tweak the pinch- just a bit.

otherwise it looks good. i think it suits you.

it has a very soothing color felt- good choie

Scotus

One of the Regulars
Even though I'm quite conservative and wouldn't wear that particular Fedora, it looks nice on you.

This reminds me that I have to take a trip to Hats Plus soon and get a new Homburg (half of my vintage New Year's resolution).

ValEag

One of the Regulars
T Smith said:
I can see where this is gonna be pretty addictive!

Right you are sir! I like your first choice. I'm more traditional myself like others here, my first 'real fedora' was an Akubra Fedora in carbon grey.

You wear that one well, and you have much to look forward to!

Good starting point, too wild & wide a ribbon for my taste. Your face can handle a taller crown & wider brim, but as said above, that'll come in due time.
As the song goes:
Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money honey
We got your disease!!!!

:eek: :D

T Smith

Familiar Face
Thank you all for your comments and the warm welcome!

I believe this lid has a 2 1/8" brim, my wool Stetson has a 2 1/2" brim and I do like that look a bit better. I had to start somewhere! I've got my eye on another Dobbs on the auction site and I've been looking for a dressier hat to wear with a suit, then I'll need a couple of straws for summer and my wife wants a hat as well.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner