Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine Creek fit question

nixthewiz

New in Town
I’ve read a bit about Fine Creek Leather on this forum. I got the chance to try on a Mariana at a local store.

I followed the advice to size up so I’m usually a medium and sized up to a 42.

However the jacket still feels extremely tight in the arms. So much that I got some bruises just trying to move my arms around a bit while having the jacket zipped up.

Is this the normal thing for Japanese brands? Also looking at Real McCoys but the store didn’t carry that brand.

I got average arms not body builder big or anything like that and US brands like Schott or Vanson fits me much better in the arms.

jeo

One Too Many
That’s their Finecreek and Co line. They have ridiculously slim sleeves.

Did you buy it?

Their regular line is much better in that regard but you must have a tall, narrow and skinny body type to make those jackets fit well. I own the Eric and it fits me great and is a fantastic jacket.

I haven’t experienced another Japanese maker that makes their sleeves that slim.

If you have a regular build some of The Real McCoys jackets can fit you. Some Flat Heads could fit you. Some Freewheelers. It’s best to try the Japanese stuff in person. If you can’t, only buy second hand for 50% or less of MSRP this way you can experiment and not lose your shirt.

cbez

One Too Many

Did you buy it?

Their regular line is much better in that regard but you must have a tall, narrow and skinny body type to make those jackets fit well. I own the Eric and it fits me great and is a fantastic jacket.

I haven’t experienced another Japanese maker that makes their sleeves that slim.

If you have a regular build some of The Real McCoys jackets can fit you. Some Flat Heads could fit you. Some Freewheelers. It’s best to try the Japanese stuff in person. If you can’t, only buy second hand for 50% or less of MSRP this way you can experiment and not lose your shirt.
How dare you jeo, everyone knows fine creek is a scam and has no redeeming qualities

My Eric sleeves are fairly slim but not bruise your arms slim. There's a lot of variation between their patterns.

nixthewiz

New in Town

Did you buy it?

No I passed on that jacket and I didn’t try the other fine creek jackets since they were all double breasted and I was specifically looking for something single breasted.

Thanks for your insight on the other brands. I will definitely see if I can try them on in person.

Reactions: jeo

jeo

One Too Many
How dare you jeo, everyone knows fine creek is a scam and has no redeeming qualities

My Eric sleeves are fairly slim but not bruise your arms slim. There's a lot of variation between their patterns.

I respect that opinion. I disagree and don’t think it’s helpful, but I respect it.

If you look through all the BS and nonsense and see what you’re actually getting, you’ll realize they are super high-quality jackets that if they fit you will look great.

I’ve sold off multiple Freewheelers. I’m keeping my Fine Creek.

jeo

One Too Many
No I passed on that jacket and I didn’t try the other fine creek jackets since they were all double breasted and I was specifically looking for something single breasted.

Thanks for your insight on the other brands. I will definitely see if I can try them on in person.
Got it.

The closest RMC equivalent of the Mariana would be the Howard.

There’s also a Sugar Cane equivalent that looks kind of similar. Don’t know the name of it.

If you don’t need that exact angle of the chest pocket there are many more options for you. The RMC Steinbeck (not the Nelson) is an older model that you can get pretty cheap at this point. Plenty more non Japanese.

If you want to go the custom route, I’d recommend Johnson Leathers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner