Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Aero!!! Battered Tan Teamster

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I came within a hair of ordering my Teamster with corduroy rather than moleskin lining but suspect the cord is just a tad warmer and a bit more durable than the moleskin. Like @BobJ said get a lighter, shorter zippered jacket and stop. I highly recommend a seal or black Vicenza Sheene with olive cotton drill lining throughout and never look back.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
STOP? I'm trying to stop. I just can't. I try and try, but keep buying jackets. OMG, I'm in trouble. I have to try and get a teamster as nice perfect fitting as GW KYs, then I will stop. I swear! Once I get as nice fitting an teamster its over.

Reactions: Dav

GW KY

Practically Family
Ok guys, this gorgeous coat came from Carrie at Thurston as a fit jacket, it is a sight to behold. Cordovan, fqhh, some of the thickest and prettiest I have ever seen. It is a great match to the Teamster, but is thicker, not lightweight to say the least. My options are keep this baby, or go with Vicenza and lighten it up. Fit is spot on, can do a t shirt or button down under it, not a thick sweater tho. This one, although thicker hide, may be my "lighter" weather jacket. Thoughts??

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
What is the fqhh? Got any pics?

What ever you do, don't you ever get rid of that Teamster, wear the heck out of it.

GW KY

Practically Family
20171026_165746.jpg
20171026_165750.jpg
20171026_165756.jpg
20171026_165803.jpg
20171026_165814.jpg

What is the fqhh? Got any pics?

What ever you do, don't you ever get rid of that Teamster, wear the heck out of it.
Never, the teamster is here forever, just thought this may be a good match for iit
20171026_165746.jpg
20171026_165750.jpg
20171026_165756.jpg
20171026_165803.jpg
20171026_165814.jpg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I only have ever seen or touched one Aero, I am pretty much newbie still. Mine is a Half Belt Deluxe dark seal Vicenza that Carrie put me in. She hit my size exactly, and I love the vicenza. It broke in easily and still shows nice grain. It is pretty new so I am waiting for the Patina. I wear it around the house sometimes, and have even slept in it a few times on cooler nights . Pretty silly. Been pretty warm here, so haven't worn it much outside, but it is already pretty soft and has shaped to my body, and has a beautiful drape.

Everyone says that they love the Cordovan FQHh, and your new jacket is yet another example why. I think Carrie is a magician, or come kind of clairvoyant, fitting people she has never even seen into jackets. I think (with my limited experience) that it is a perfect fit. Carie has done it again. I'm sure the regulars will chime in soon.

From what I understand that hide will take a bit more time and effort breaking in, but the results will be amazing and worth the effort. They say it will form to your body as a second skin, will show character, and develop over time beautiful patina. I am told that it will get better and better over time. I really love the cordovan and think it is a very nice choice of color. I am told it becomes even more beautiful over time.

I love the Vicenza, it really nice, soft, has some nice grain and is easy and quick. I am told that your hide will become even more so, but over time it will keep getting better.

I am sure the regulars will chime in soon. I could be wrong about a lot of this. As i said i am still a newbie. But i say keep it.

Man, those 2 jackets you got are amazing. You done good.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
That HWN also looks spot on. You could keep it and also order a black Vicenza Sheene as a third jacket without too much duplication. ;)

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Both very good jackets that complement each other nicely. But behold! Breaking in that FQHH takes a while.:cool:
Funny thing is, I got both jackets myself. The Teamster, in oil-pull brown HH is here for over a year now and the HWM in exactly Cordovan FQHH came 10 days ago. Fantastc jacket, love it.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
That HWN also looks spot on. You could keep it and also order a black Vicenza Sheene as a third jacket without too much duplication. ;)
=
You see, you can't just get one more and stop! Two isn't enough you just have to have a third.:)

Hwymn seems kinda short in body length for my tastes, GW ( others don't seem to notice,tho ).. maybe it's just the low waist of the jeans.
HD
Tend to agree here. Both fits look good but with the HWM I'd go a good 1" ( maybe 2") longer in the body. It's personal preference for sure but I prefer my belt covered by my jacket. If this is a fit jacket give it some thought. You have your teamster for the winter and can wait for an optimal fit on the HWM if you go custom. I think it's spot on everywhere else but that body length would bug me.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I concur with what @ton312 and @HoosierDaddy have to say about the body length although perhaps low rise jeans might be the problem? I do like to see the belt covered when a jacket is zipped. No problem though with the Teamster. :D

GW KY

Practically Family
I think its the pants, they sit low, jacket is well below navel. When i hitched em up a bit and tightened belt, the jacket hit exactly at bottom of belt. I wouldn't want too short for sure, but definitely want that "shorter" waist look compared to the teamster.
The highwayman is perfect with a t shirt, firm with a button down, and snug with a pullover under it. I envision it as a "warmer" weather wear (not freezing out), even with the thicker hide, and love the idea of it with a t shirt, jeans and boots. I can't get over how gorgeous the cordovan fqhh is and am having a hard time giving it back, haha.

26" should be ok if you're around 5'10"-6'. I'm 5'11" and rarely feel comfortable under 27". Can do 26" pr under but it always feels "short". Of course a lot depends on your own preference and build. I'm pretty broad and my shoulder width shortens up jackets that would otherwise be good numbers.
I hear you about the Cordo, it's positively intoxicating, and that jacket does fit nicely outside the body length. Just remember to try and have a little patience if there's any doubt about the fit. It's a test jacket and you can spec one just as you wish without having to worry about your pants. That said the bottom of the belt is a perfect length. If it hits you there, then game over.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Also, if it is a new jacket won't it stretch out a bit as it wears in and drapes? Leather does stretch doesn't it? I really don't know that is why I am asking.

GW KY

Practically Family
So tough! I think one inch in the front may do the trick, possibly half inch less in sleeves. I think wearing the hell out out of the teamster all winter, and being patient with second jacket may be the answer. I got so lucky with the Teamster, can afford to be patient with next coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ