Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Aero, First Post, BIG Dilemma

Popa_B.A.D.

New in Town
CXL only becomes heavy when you start looking at the longer jackets, a Barnstormer for instance. As a Half Belt or Highwayman, it's fine. Break-in is three or four months of consistent wear, it'll stop standing up by itself after a while. If I was you, I'd go with brown FQHH, it'll age beautifully and is by far the most flexible colour. I've got eight Aeros, and they all get loads of wear, but my got to is the brown Long Half-Belt that I bought nine years ago. But given the general experience on this forum, your first is unlikely to be your last, so I'd just relax about your choice, it'll turn out well no matter what you go with.
Thanks, this is actually a very reassuring comment, I should relax...I should relax.....I should relax...:))

Popa_B.A.D.

New in Town
If you wear boots, I would choose whichever color matches your boots/footwear the best. Another way to put it: Choose whichever color is most versatile for you and you will get the most wear out of.
I thought that too, but I have too many pairs of boots!!!!!

Popa_B.A.D.

New in Town
So I have now at least decided, it will DEFINITELY be cxl HH....
The colour tho, is still very much swinging. I have moments of zealot-like, complete unassailable determination on the black, with extensive reasoning to back it up with and consequent period of apparent calm where I manage to actually do stuff with my life other than obsessing over a bloody jacket, only to stumble upon an image of a natural cxl of sublime beauty that makes me reconsider. But I think I am getting there, I have reluctantly ruled out Badalassi and Cordovan assigning them as frontrunners for my new-er new jacket (the one I haven't ordered yet!!!)...So I think I am pretty much down to either Black, Natural or Brown. But it is exhausting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner