Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Aero -New aeromarine, short review

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
The Aero fit is really all over the place especially with different patterns, the measurement tend to coincide depending what era the jacket would have been made whether it be with 20s 30s 40s 50s. You can go custom with your shoulder/chest/waist measurements but it's non returnable
I am about to just forget it and wait till someone sells one off

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
True, if you are unsure of the fit it's a bit of a gamble.
I went custom with my recent premier highwayman order and that went well but I've had a couple of jackets from Aero before that's why.
I am 100 percent positive on my measurements its aero telling me a 40 will have a 18.5-19 shoulder. Every single jacket I own size 40 has a 18 shoulder all the sleeves are 25"
Ive provided measurements and they still want this jacket to be roomy I guess. I'm looking for a slimmer fit.
FYI this would have been my third aero. I order a custom cafe racer about a decade ago fit ok

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I am 100 percent positive on my measurements its aero telling me a 40 will have a 18.5-19 shoulder. Every single jacket I own size 40 has a 18 shoulder all the sleeves are 25"
Ive provided measurements and they still want this jacket to be roomy I guess. I'm looking for a slimmer fit.
FYI this would have been my third aero. I order a custom cafe racer about a decade ago fit ok

Got it, I did the same thing with my order. I'm normally a 36, the 36 would have had 16.5 shoulders so I told Aero to make the shoulder to 17.5 and the chest/waist/hip to standard 36 and it worked fine for me

@Mister Rivets perhaps you should look at Thedi. Or maybe just order your Aero a size down. Don’t get hung up on tag size, Aeros typically run large. Order the 38 with your preferred arm and body length.

Last edited:

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
@Mister Rivets perhaps you should look at Thedi. Or maybe just order your Aero a size down. Don’t get hung up on tag size, Aeros typically run large. Order the 38 with your preferred arm and body length.
I'm Kinda just over it. Going over and over my measurements. I'm not taking the chance of a sloppy fitting leather jacket.
Freewheelers will be my choice now

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
Buying a leather jacket is supposed to be fun! It sounds like an OTR might be a less stressful option for you. Please share your new jacket once it arrives.
There won't be an aeromarine posted. I'm going to Seattle to actually try on thedi shawl collar jacket.

Look at the sleeves on the op jacket they are covering his hand up to the thumb knuckle. I'm not going down that road

You don’t need to bash other people’s jackets. Use the knowledge of TFL to make the best decision for you. Aero isn’t the only choice, but many like the brand and service they get.
If you are an OTR fit, then you are lucky enough to have lots of options open to you. As I mentioned, I hope your journey becomes more enjoyable as it sounds like you’re experiencing a bit of angst over the process ATM.

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You don’t need to bash other people’s jackets. Use the knowledge of TFL to make the best decision for you. Aero isn’t the only choice, but many like the brand and service they get.
If you are an OTR fit, then you are lucky enough to have lots of options open to you. As I mentioned, I hope your journey becomes more enjoyable as it sounds like you’re experiencing a bit of angst over the process ATM.
Very well said hm.
I once spoke to Aero about changing the shoulder measurements on an A-2 and they were adamant about not deviating from the pattern measurements for the size in question. I took their word for it, because after all they are the ones who have made these patterns.
I think Thedi might be a great choice for Mister Rivets since they are masters of the slim fit.

jglf

A-List Customer
I think it will be hard to get a slimmer fit in this jacket bc of the the pattern it uses. Kind of like how you can’t get a tapered look with the original highwayman. You might want to look at Thedi offerings as they make patterns that are more slim than what Aero uses.

NZJono

One of the Regulars
I think the jacket pictured is to big in the sleeves, the shoulders and the stomach.
Hi there
I still have this jacket. I went with a size 42 based on the measurements I sent Aero. It is a 19”’ shoulder, 26” sleeves and 26.5” body length. I added 0.5 to the body and 0.25” to the sleeves. I’m broad shouldered and this jacket is pretty much an ideal fit for me. It’s my first aero, although in hindsight the only thing I’d ask for differently would be to size down to the waist eg size 40.
It’s a good fit as is for layering, but for a slimmer fit around the waist I would prefer slightly narrower. Not a deal breaker though as the jacket has got lots of wear over the past 3 winters. Hope this helps.

NZJono

One of the Regulars
@NZJono do you have any new photos?
Yeah sure, here’s some. Obviously not jacket wearing weather here as it’s late summer but this gives an idea of the wear. The leather has not aged much despite 3 winters wear. A few creases in the arms and some wear near the button holes is about it.
406D5349-70FB-4E60-8314-74BD402DA6DC.jpeg
B5F875E0-076C-40CF-A2BC-DC49FE486E34.jpeg
9DCD00FF-D8D8-4638-8896-DF3A9F3A39C1.jpeg

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
definitely not trim to bash the guys jacket

Thanks for posting again. I was not trying to bash your jacket or fit I'm looking to size down or have a slim fit and I guess having trouble relaying this to aero.
I really don't understand how your 42 has a 19" shoulder and the 40 I am in the process of starting has a 19" shoulder.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
definitely not trim to bash the guys jacket

Thanks for posting again. I was not trying to bash your jacket or fit I'm looking to size down or have a slim fit and I guess having trouble relaying this to aero.
I really don't understand how your 42 has a 19" shoulder and the 40 I am in the process of starting has a 19" shoulder.
Like others already suggested, Thedi has some nice slimfit cossack designs. Very well made too. You won't be disappointed :)

754B087C-876E-44B1-B291-2E007937547D.jpeg
7B3CDB3D-2292-4E05-A126-07F7AF0DA0DE.jpeg

F653730A-C89E-405D-B0DB-CC9A797E9C1D.jpeg
25D67BB5-A41F-4349-B08F-9E22DE29F769.jpeg

Mark R

New in Town
I’m a 40 inch chest and a shoulder of 18.5/19would be way to big for me. I’m a 17.5/18 with sleeve length of 24/25

Mark R

New in Town
I can only go by the jackets I already own and I can tell straight away even before measuring that anything over 18inch does not look correct on me. The actual shoulder seam is not in line with my shoulder bone and leaves a gap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ