Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First post and first order for Aero Board racer! (Post corrected, I put the previous one in Spanish by mistake...)

Torvic

Familiar Face
Hi guys, this is my first post on the forum. I have been reading threads for two months learning and informing myself to buy an Aero leather jacket. In the end I ordered two jackets since it coincided that when I discovered Aero it was just the 40th anniversary of the brand and I took advantage of the offer, I've had a couple of leather jackets before, but from commercial brands and neither as expensive nor as high quality as the one that I have ordered at Aero.
I wanted to show you the measurements and modifications that I have requested in the jackets together with my body measurements (taken by a tailor) to see if I am on the right track with the order and to be able to obtain a good result, and thus to know your opinion about it. At first I ordered size 40, which is what I usually wear, but at Aero they recommended size 42 as it's quite a narrow pattern, apparently.
The jackets are J100 Board Racer one in Badalassi chestnut and the other in Vicenza black.
The measurements requested are similar to the reference jacket I wore, which is a size M Daytona 73 Dustin, which fits me well. the measurements of the daytona are:
Back length: 24"
Hem: 19,7"
Sleeve Length: 26"
Hole to hole: 22"
Shoulders: 18,11"
What worries me most in the jackets I have ordered is the Pit to Pit which may be too wide and the length of the back too short, according to my calculations it should be fine, but I don't know the pattern of the Board Racer, I also take into account the half inch tolerance they have.
English is not my native language, sorry if it's not very correct and sorry for the long post!
Thank you very much, greetings to all!!

Aero Racer J100 Board Measurements:

Size: 42"

Hole to Hole: 22.5"

Shoulder Measurements: 17.75"

Sleeve Length: 26"

Back Length: 25"

Tapered hem 2.5" - 19.75" finished

The front camber is around 0,75"

Style: Board Racer - J100

Skin type: Black Vicenza and Brown Badalassi

Lining: Cotton Drill: Olive

Main Zipper: Claw: Nickel

Zipper pocket pulls: diamond pull

heel on hand warmers

Stitch Color: Stitch: Default/Mix Leather

Inner pocket (wearer's left side): none

Inner pocket (wearer's right): none

Straight yoke with vertical split seam (T-shape)

4 pocket configuration, all with zippers

Zip to start 1.5" up from bottom of jacket (when done)

without windbreak

Body Measurements:

Neck: 40.5cm/16"

Relaxed Chest: 100cm /39.5"

Expanded chest: 105 cm / 41"

Sleeve Length (body measurement): 62 cm / 25"

Stomach: 88cm / 34"

Waist: 95 cm (I only have this in cm)

Back width (from shoulder to shoulder): 47 cm / 18.5"

Armhole: 55cm / 22"

Biceps: 35cm / 14"

Elbow: 32cm / 13"

wrist 19cm/7.5"

Back length (body measurement): 60 cm / 24"

Height: 1.75m / 5ft 8.9"

Weight: 77.5kg / 170.85lbs

Last edited:

Torvic

Familiar Face
I think a size 42 would be too large on you. I'd stick to 40.
I thought the same thing, but at Aero they insisted on going up to 42, since they said that it would be too tight for me, I have an athletic complexion and I go to the gym so I expect that I can grow a little more, in the end we modified the dimensions of the hem in taper from the armpits so it would be top 42 and bottom 40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner