Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First try at a ribbon swaparoo

citRon

A-List Customer
I took the felt band-thingy off my Stacy Adams, and tried my hand at a ribbon and bow. I'm pleased for my first attempt, and I know what to do better next time. I need to make my knot wider and my V closer in. The color combination looked good to me until my wife said it was ugly. :eusa_doh:
I'm going to go with a more chocolate brown on it.

Before:
IMG_0384.jpg
[/IMG]

After:
IMG_0538.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0540.jpg
[/IMG]

jpbales

Practically Family
I can't say I love the color (could be the pics or my screen), but the ribbon and bow look good though! Good job.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Chocolate would look sharp with the grey. Not a fan of the gold color, but nice ribbon work, I'd try to figure out what to do with the grey space below the ribbon though.

citRon

A-List Customer
no, it was supposed to be 'camel', not gold. I agree it's too drastic, I'm going to do a dark brown. The bigger knot next time around will cover those stitches.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
citRon said:
no, it was supposed to be 'camel', not gold. I agree it's too drastic, I'm going to do a dark brown. The bigger knot next time around will cover those stitches.

use the same sized knot but pull it down toward the brim tacking it down to cover the stitches on the lid, hmmm a brown ribbon & bow with that gold knot would look pretty snazzy IMHO [huh]

Hawkhat

New in Town
citRon--did the same thing with my Stacy Adams...black ribbon that looks ok

Agree with others about the color choice, but your ribbon shape is much nicer than mine. Do you have a black hat for that ribbon? The black/gold combo is my goal for Hawkeye football games this fall. :)

I'll post some pics later this week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24