Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check - Aero Sheene - cxlfqhh brown

RiversEnd80

New in Town
New to the leather jacket world and have just acquired a new cxl fqhh brown Aero Sheene in brown. Quality is great over all and very impressed for the price point of this jacket. One thing I am having issues with is the actual fit and length, however I think it's more of a subconscious thing as I am not used to wearing fitted/cropped garments as I have been a husky guy most my life. Over all it does feel comfortable every where with the exception of my upper gut area is a little tight due to an aggressive drop( 26.25 ptp - 23.5 waists heam) but plan on wearing unzipped mostly. ALSO, the over all lenght being right at the belt vs my usual mid-crotch cut on all my other coats/ jackets makes me feel like fat guy in little jacket.
Just want to know what thoughts were on general fit and if you think this jacket is worth keeping and breaking in or finding a jacket that better fits my body type.

Attachments

• 20230105_114634.jpg
    20230105_114634.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 381
  • 20230105_114700.jpg
    20230105_114700.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 373
  • 20230105_114711.jpg
    20230105_114711.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 372
  • 20230107_183953.jpg
    20230107_183953.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 364
  • 20230107_184006.jpg
    20230107_184006.jpg
    968.7 KB · Views: 360
  • 20230107_184027.jpg
    20230107_184027.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 20230107_184145.jpg
    20230107_184145.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 342
  • 20230107_184156.jpg
    20230107_184156.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 318
  • 20230107_184221.jpg
    20230107_184221.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 334

scurvyfreedman

Familiar Face
New to the leather jacket world and have just acquired a new cxl fqhh brown Aero Sheene in brown. Quality is great over all and very impressed for the price point of this jacket. One thing I am having issues with is the actual fit and length, however I think it's more of a subconscious thing as I am not used to wearing fitted/cropped garments as I have been a husky guy most my life. Over all it does feel comfortable every where with the exception of my upper gut area is a little tight due to an aggressive drop( 26.25 ptp - 23.5 waists heam) but plan on wearing unzipped mostly. ALSO, the over all lenght being right at the belt vs my usual mid-crotch cut on all my other coats/ jackets makes me feel like fat guy in little jacket.
Just want to know what thoughts were on general fit and if you think this jacket is worth keeping and breaking in or finding a jacket that better fits my body type.

Length looks good. Keep your shirt tucked in.

I don't really like the way the leather folds at your shoulders. I don't know if it's a pitch issue or if the shoulders are too wide, but I don't like the jacket's fit for that reason.

RiversEnd80

New in Town
Length looks good. Keep your shirt tucked in.

I don't really like the way the leather folds at your shoulders. I don't know if it's a pitch issue or if the shoulders are too wide, but I don't like the jacket's fit for that reason.
I think it's just new very stiff cxl horsehide leather that needs to breaking and hoping it tames down with some wear?

ObiJuanValdez

New in Town
It looks right to me. I had the same question with my recent custom Aero Seven purchase. It's just the cut and style of those jackets. They're more fitted and, as you said, cropped. That particular fit is new to me, but it's intentional. Nice job!

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
I think it works as well. Should be good for even light layering.

However, based on your comments about the fit at the stomach, you may want to consider a Board Racer pattern like the Seven, which does not have as dramatic of a taper to the waist. Doing this might allow you to bring in the shoulder width a bit for a cleaner look there if you don't intend to wear it zipped all the time.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I think it works as well. Should be good for even light layering.

However, based on your comments about the fit at the stomach, you may want to consider a Board Racer pattern like the Seven, which does not have as dramatic of a taper to the waist. Doing this might allow you to bring in the shoulder width a bit for a cleaner look there if you don't intend to wear it zipped all the time.
Not entirely sure if I agree here. The board racer pattern is slimmer throughout the entire jacket, and would make the gut very hard to close. You could size up, but I don't think that would look right.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I think the fit looks good and the length is good too. Not really that cropped as far as leather jackets go. Looks like there's a bit of excess fabric in the upper back, but I reckon this is due to the CXL not being broken in yet. Good purchase and welcome to your new addiction

RiversEnd80

New in Town
OK , But looks a bit big in the rear shoulder area…
That is a concern I had too, but also assume, with out that extra material it would limit mobility? Same with the under the arms in the pit sleeve area. Do you think these areas might break in with time and lay down and drape or is this going to be an issue in the long term fit.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I don’t think the leather breaking in will solve this issue… This jacket is too big in the rear shoulders for you.

Last edited:

RiversEnd80

New in Town
I don’t think the leather breaking in will solve this issue… This jacket is too big in the shoulders for you.
I have a 20.5 inch shoulder and the jacket is a 20.5 shoulder. Do you think going smaller than my true shoulder width would cause any "nippeling" at the shoulder seems?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a concern I had too, but also assume, with out that extra material it would limit mobility? Same with the under the arms in the pit sleeve area. Do you think these areas might break in with time and lay down and drape or is this going to be an issue in the long term fit.
Yes, when the leather is breaked in, it will look different. This one is two sizes too big, and it still adjusted over the years. The CR/Sheene is a 50s pattern and thus a bit wider to wear (as I also had to learn first)
3B624A29-8896-4E16-8728-F2294DCC24F5.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I like it a lot. Yes, it’s a tad big in the shoulders, but this will even out once the leather is broken in. Your a big guy and unless you want to go for a specifically boxy jacket (think “Highwayman”), this is pretty good.

RiversEnd80

New in Town
I like it a lot. Yes, it’s a tad big in the shoulders, but this will even out once the leather is broken in. Your a big guy and unless you want to go for a specifically boxy jacket (think “Highwayman”), this is pretty good.
I was trying to avoid boxy, as 99% of my wardrobe is just boxy shirts, jackets and such. But now with a more tappered cut I am a little self councious.
Do you think that the HWM would be a better pattern for my body type? It was my initial pick to begin with.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I think it looks awesome, length and shoulder included. Was this custom made for you? They did a great job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko