Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check On Aero Premier Highwayman 40

mvilla

A-List Customer
I can see where Tor is coming from on the neck discussion. It does lay tight to your neck and from experience, that can be uncomfortable for extended wear.

However! I think the fit is really great elsewhere on what is a pretty unique piece in terms of how narrow taper the waist is, and you pull it off well. Part of that neck cling and drape is due to the goatskin having a ton of drape compared to a lot of other stiffer, less pliable leathers.

On heavier jackets, you'd likely prefer for ease of wear that the jacket hang off your traps/shoulders, as @torfjord mentioned.

Here is how my heavyweight horsehide jacket wears at the collar.
What jacket is that? Pretty cool one!

Kevin O'Sullivan

Familiar Face
What jacket is that? Pretty cool one!
Thanks man! It's a mildly modified Thedi Memphis, namely with the zipper and the chest pocket. I think the stock Memphis has a zip chest.

At first I was kind of ambivalent on the chest pocket flap but I've grown fond of it. Besides showing off more of the Thedi excellent stitching, it's super functional for chapstick and other items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner