Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check on Lost Worlds Grizzly

newtojackets

Practically Family
It sucks when you love a jacket and not the fit. We’ve all been there. I agree that it’s a catch and release. The size just looks off in too many ways to reasonably rectify.
Yeah agreed is a shame! Did buy another jacket recently too (not a repro). Rather than create another post will just ask here, what do you guys think of the fit?

I think this one fits better 3DA1671D-9966-43E5-B3EF-B2CF71704C31.jpeg B5327B21-DC46-43D6-914A-E38F973294A6.jpeg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Yeah agreed is a shame! Did buy another jacket recently too (not a repro). Rather than create another post will just ask here, what do you guys think of the fit?

I think this one fits better View attachment 459441 View attachment 459442
Spot on sleeve length, still somewhat roomy in the body, could be trimmer at the hem. However with a frame like yours, I am afraid you will need custom fitting to achieve that. I‘d keep this one and rock it!

newtojackets

Practically Family
Spot on sleeve length, still somewhat roomy in the body, could be trimmer at the hem. However with a frame like yours, I am afraid you will need custom fitting to achieve that. I‘d keep this one and rock it!
That’s something I noticed when not zipped, but think that issue is mostly resolved when zipped up

I think this one fits better View attachment 459441 View attachment 459442
This is certainly a better fit fit but I agree with JJ. For the best fit…you will need a custom build with a fairly aggressive taper. Not a bad thing to have broad shoulders and a bee’s waist!
But I agree this jacket does fit better overall.

newtojackets

Practically Family
This is certainly a better fit fit but I agree with JJ. For the best fit…you will need a custom build with a fairly aggressive taper. Not a bad thing to have broad shoulders and a bee’s waist!
But I agree this jacket does fit better overall.
True, current plan is to get a field leathers (Greg’s pieces look incredible!) but I’m currently still bulking up a bit in the gym, so don’t want to splash on anything custom just yet!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I think the fit is good enough. It´s a boxy design, so it won´t adapt to your frame fully. However, breaking it in will lessen the "cardboard" effect, when worn open. If you stop worrying, you will end up with a pretty cool, british-style racer.

If you can´t stop worrying, you may want to look at models with a V-shape, like the Indian Ranger or some Perfecto models.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I think the fit is good enough. It´s a boxy design, so it won´t adapt to your frame fully. However, breaking it in will lessen the "cardboard" effect, when worn open. If you stop worrying, you will end up with a pretty cool, british-style racer.

If you can´t stop worrying, you may want to look at models with a V-shape, like the Indian Ranger or some Perfecto models.
Makes sense! What exactly do you mean by British-style racers?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
To my - perhaps not very trained eye - there are some general differences between British MC-jackets and Amercians, noticably:

- a boxy vs. V-shaped design (which is probably only owed to visual preferences)
- side-laces vs. belts (because british riding style of the 60s or so would be crouched over the tank, so a belt would likely scratch the metal vs. the laid-back American Chopper-riders)
- coin pockets at the left arm vs. the left side of the torso for pretty much the same reason (accessability when crouched over the tank).

A good visual reference would be the Lewis Leather "Lightning" vs. the Schott "Perfecto" 118.

Others may chime in as I am not really an expert as concerns the history of such jackets here and there...

newtojackets

Practically Family
To my - perhaps not very trained eye - there are some general differences between British MC-jackets and Amercians, noticably:

- a boxy vs. V-shaped design (which is probably only owed to visual preferences)
- side-laces vs. belts (because british riding style of the 60s or so would be crouched over the tank, so a belt would likely scratch the metal vs. the laid-back American Chopper-riders)
- coin pockets at the left arm vs. the left side of the torso for pretty much the same reason (accessability when crouched over the tank).

A good visual reference would be the Lewis Leather "Lightning" vs. the Schott "Perfecto" 118.

Others may chime in as I am not really an expert as concerns the history of such jackets here and there...
Ah really interesting, I’ve noticed some things you mentioned e.g. sleeve pockets, but never knew why

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points