Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on my Aero Half Belt 1930s

jr30

Familiar Face
Hello

I gained some weight during these Covid years. Not that much, but 3-4 kg (6-9 lbs) have settled particularly around the hips and also where the jacket is closed (waist / hem).
I usually wear my Aero Halfbelt 1930 unzipped, but in some cases it would be good if it could be closed.

The Areo Chromexcel FQHH is like brand new and still very stiff as I rarely wear (due my weight). Bought it 2020.

Can I still expect the jacket to expand a little around the waist, especially if I wear it closed at home and there is always 'tension' on it? Are there better ways to expand? Some people swear by the 'dryer/tennis ball method' to soften the leather. And softer would also entail a bit of elasticity, ins't it?

I think it fits open, but closed...hmm...?

What do you think?
I just took the pictures and they're not ideal, but I think you get the idea.
I look forward to any honest / critical feedback (and please excuse my bad English)!

Best regards
Roman

Attachments

• 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 176
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 166
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 174
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 182

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It looks good open, but tight closed, and Chromexcel will make it uncomfortable when closed. No amount of tumbling with tennis balls will make it better. If you still want CXL, you’d have to go up a size. Or move to a softer leather like Pinnacle or goatskin and you can probably still pull off this same size, and still feel comfortable enough when closed.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Looks very tight around the waist/naval yeah. I don't think it will stretch enough to alleviate the issue - you're much better off (in terms of both health and fit of this jacket) going hard with cardio for a while if that's possible.

jr30

Familiar Face
Thanks for the honest feedback. The cardio is a good idea, but I'm afraid it may not be enough. The jacket was already very tight at the bottom hem when I bought it in 2020. At the time I thought it was due to the extremely stiff FQHH.

Even though I only wore it a little, it has become quite comfortable on the shoulders and arms. Of course not on the level of a goat or lamb, but acceptable for such thick horse leather. I remember that I could hardly take the jacket off when it was new.

I think the jacket will probably leave me... :confused:

Best regards
Roman

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I like it, Roman, I agree with others, with a few pounds less, it would be a literally perfect fit.

Challenge yourself in the new year to take the weight thing seriously and maybe the fit will even out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner