Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on my first leather jacket

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Well, for a first leather jacket you did a great job nailing the fit on both a difficult pattern to fit and a brand that isn't always easy to get the fit correct with, since most of thier offerings are off the rack.

My first several jackets were nowhere close to this level of fit. Agree there could be room for improvement in the back area, but that' is rather typical of these crosszips and indeed a couple of mine fit very similar. As to the collar, as many others have indicated, work with it a bit and see if it gets more comfortable. I've certainly worn mine in the rain & warmth, but never done a shower or hot water treatment.

Take a good nap in your jacket, that will help a lot. Enjoy it, you did great here! :)

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I think it looks great on you, well done!

Feel is always such a personal thing it seems. I’ve had a few jackets now that looked great but the feel was not so great.

Admittedly, I’m not patient enough to wear a jacket long enough to break it in to the point where it becomes more comfortable.

In my very humble opinion, for me at least … a jacket needs to feel good right out of the box for it to last. YMMV.

Manolito

Familiar Face
I own a recent Schott 118 too. I am about 37 and always buy 38. I buy 36 very rarely because it can be too small.

I own the 118 in 38 and am totally satisfied with the fit. It does not feel restraining at all. It is not supposed to be a narrow/slim fit jacket. If you feel restrained, maybe you should try a size up ?

The 1XX Schott naked cowhide breaks very easilly, in a matter of weeks, maybe days... Faster than the 6XX steerhide like the 618 - and much, much faster thant the various horsehides used by sellers like Aero Leather...

So you should not worry about it.

Hope it helps... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112