Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on my new Fivestar Leather jacket please

Recyclops

New in Town
I just received this jacket from Fivestar Leather. It’s basically a copy of Aero’s Halfbelt, except I added a back pleat that I saw someone do on their Aero Halfbelt that I thought was a great idea.
I feel that the fit is fine overall except the length.
I sent Fivestar Leather my body measurements. However when I was sent pictures of the final product, I noticed that the length was a bit longer than what I provided. I figured (and was hoping) the extra length of the final jacket was supposed to be there since I did give my desired length.
Is the jacket too long, way too long, just fine or what? Also, how’s the rest of the fit as well?
FYI, I gave a back length of 24.5” and the back length of the jacket is 26.5”.
Thanks again in advance.

Attachments

• 170D542F-2129-43BF-9504-1B197D0B958E.jpeg
    170D542F-2129-43BF-9504-1B197D0B958E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 425
  • 44D2E738-3232-46CB-A044-9CC7FAB91A23.jpeg
    44D2E738-3232-46CB-A044-9CC7FAB91A23.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 411

morrison2951

Practically Family
Nice jacket! Welcome to TFL. Five Star really delivers.

As for fit, it looks alittle too big and long for a HB, but that's a personal preference.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It doesn’t look bad to me but it is on the long side. Two inches longer than you ordered is unacceptable in my book and I think you should be entitled to request a remake If you are unhappy.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have you clearly communicated which of the measurements are body measurements and which are jacket measurements?
For example, if you have given your body measurements in the hope that 5* will generate jacket measurements from them, then the first lesson is: don't do that.
If you have given the back length of the jacket, but the rest are body measurements, then again: don't do that. In this case, I would bet that the given back length was interpreted as a body measurement and this was not optimally converted into jacket measurements.
If you have given jacket measurements for everything and the photos clearly show that the jacket is longer, then the emergency brake must be pulled.
Nevertheless, I think the jacket looks good. Personally, it would be too long for the style, but with you it wast good.
Had you not said you wanted it shorter, I would have thought this one belonged that way.

Damon141

Practically Family
Looks good to me, you could always change the length later. Did they not send measurements photographs?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
looks good from the front, perhaps can use more splay below the zipper box for a longer jacket like that for sitting, as from the back I think since it has center seam it should look a lot neater toward the lower back, it should taper more

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
i'm not sure if its the angle of the photo but to me looks a bit too long. I think you'd look really good in a highwayman or jean jacket style

Damon141

Practically Family
Definitely more of a coat length but it’s not like somebody on the street is going to look and think to themselves “that jacket is too long”. They would assume he Wanted it like that.
Besides it’s a couple hundred dollar jacket and not like he ordered a $2,000 custom Shinki jacket and mixed feelings. You can’t even get a genuine leather jacket on clearance for these prices so that in itself should take some of the worry about 5star fit questions.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Front looks really good to me. BL is always the measurement I care least about. Why? Because I never see it. That said you wouldn’t have started the thread if you weren’t unhappy. Double check what you sent 5* vs what you received. If it’s off start a dialogue.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Front looks really good to me. BL is always the measurement I care least about. Why? Because I never see it. That said you wouldn’t have started the thread if you weren’t unhappy. Double check what you sent 5* vs what you received. If it’s off start a dialogue.
I agree with you. I've rarely seen a jacket look too long in the back, but have seen many look too long in the front - usually due to the dip. Honestly, if the OP spec'd out a traditional halfbelt and a 24.5 inch back length, what he received is unacceptable.

Having said that, I checked out the pictures before I read the OP's comments. My first thought was - damn, that is a perfect Long Half Belt. Great length and relaxed fit for throwing over a sweater or sweatshirt in colder weather.

Gr8Lakes

Familiar Face
I agree with you. I've rarely seen a jacket look too long in the back, but have seen many look too long in the front - usually due to the dip. Honestly, if the OP spec'd out a traditional halfbelt and a 24.5 inch back length, what he received is unacceptable.

Having said that, I checked out the pictures before I read the OP's comments. My first thought was - damn, that is a perfect Long Half Belt. Great length and relaxed fit for throwing over a sweater or sweatshirt in colder weather.
I agree. Living in mid-Michigan I wear lots of coats because I’ve learned the extra body heat retained from your hip area is considerable. So a long half belt is a great compromise, and that looks like a nice fitting long half belt.

Now, if the OP were after a true jacket, with a specified waistline length, then there’s a discrepancy. My opinion is that it looks good, but I don’t know what the original order specified, or what the gentleman expected when he first tried it on. But definitely not a bad looking jacket by any means. Great for cold weather and layering. I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko