Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on TFH new (to me) jacket

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
Hi all, just picked up this jacket (you'll recognize it if you’ve been browsing the buy sell page recently), and wanted to get a fit check. It’s not my first leather jacket, but the others have been motorcycle specific (read Icon/Dianese… d3 armor, padded, you know the type). Aside from this, I have a Mr. Freedom Campus that I’m not thrilled with the fit (or my wife mocking me mercilessly for it squeakiness haha). Will be posting it for sale soon, actually.

Based on the measurements, I’d worried it would be too big… now I’m wondering if it’s a bit small or “just small enough”, if that makes sense. Any input, criticism, etc welcome. My skin is thick. Thanks!

Attachments

• A06CBE25-C087-4661-AFC2-9DE764D95B67.jpeg
    A06CBE25-C087-4661-AFC2-9DE764D95B67.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 314
  • 92EE6C88-E436-46B0-B53D-CE1B971ABEE9.jpeg
    92EE6C88-E436-46B0-B53D-CE1B971ABEE9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 314
  • DCC33D62-5576-40D5-9815-F735F8B98494.jpeg
    DCC33D62-5576-40D5-9815-F735F8B98494.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 316

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
Doesn’t look too small from here.
If anything, the sleeves are a bit on the short side, but many prefer that length.
How does it “feel”? Are you comfortable in it?
I think that was what gave me the impression I’m getting. I went so far as to ask for a leather tailor recommendation, anticipating that 25” sleeves would be too long. Guess the lining must make up the difference, but I have no clue.

Edit- Feels good unzipped, maybe a tad restrictive zipped when moving arms back or forward. Like reaching for my wallet “tugs” and arms up like to grab handlebars causes it grip my shoulders and lats. Sleeves are certainly too short for riding a mc, but that’s not what I got this for.

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It does look fine.
If you absolutely want to complain, you could say 1/2 inch shorter on the body and it would be even better. But that is yammering at a high level.

hd3kmize

New in Town
Funny, I was eyeing that jacket in the classified section for a bit. I have the same jacket in black, size 42. The fit looks really good to me. I prefer the sleeves to be a tad longer, but that’s my preference. Congrats on snagging a beautiful jacket.

skybert

One of the Regulars
If it turned up in the classifieds I hope it's bigger than 38...the fit on you is perfect. You could retract 1/2 inch from body length and add 1/2 to sleeve length but even if you go custom there's no guarantee for this.

Especially in the zipped up pic it looks perfect...enjoy it.

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
It does look fine.
If you absolutely want to complain, you could say 1/2 inch shorter on the body and it would be even better. But that is yammering at a high level.
If it turned up in the classifieds I hope it's bigger than 38...the fit on you is perfect. You could retract 1/2 inch from body length and add 1/2 to sleeve length but even if you go custom there's no guarantee for this.

Especially in the zipped up pic it looks perfect...enjoy it.
It’s a 42. I agree on the sleeves, especially, but tbh I was worried they’d be too long and too big around so since they’re close I’m ok with it.

What was the deal with the one that was a 38, if I can ask?

willyto

One Too Many
As long as when using the jacket it feels good it looks like a good fit.

We usually get to hung up on the robo pose fit but then when putting the jacket to good use is when we find that they work or don't work.

Be sure to check that your sleeves don't ride up half your arm when using the jacket or it will bother you a lot and I don't mean doing the crazy zombie walk look but for example if you have to reach up for something or grab some stuff that is a shelve or whatever you need to do I hate when my sleeves ride up too much.

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
As long as when using the jacket it feels good it looks like a good fit.

We usually get to hung up on the robo pose fit but then when putting the jacket to good use is when we find that they work or don't work.

Be sure to check that your sleeves don't ride up half your arm when using the jacket or it will bother you a lot and I don't mean doing the crazy zombie walk look but for example if you have to reach up for something or grab some stuff that is a shelve or whatever you need to do I hate when my sleeves ride up too much.
It does do that, but it’s slight. I imagine it will bug me eventually. Ok the flip side, I can check my watch easily

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points