Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check: Thedi Hektor

mlx

New in Town
Hi! Got this from Thurston Bros.

Do the sleeves need to be shortened or should I just wear it like in the second pic (buttoned at the second button and having the sleeves crease)?

Any other details I might have missed?
IMG_4390.jpeg
IMG_4394.jpeg

jeo

One Too Many
To me the longer sleeve length is fine, especially since the jacket doesn’t look big on you in any other way. I wouldn’t shorten the sleeves.

People have different opinions on sleeve length. I like mine longer, but I’m sure many people will tell you that’s too long.

Peacoat

Bartender
I also like my sleeves longer. Having long arms has made me sensitive to sleeve length, just like Hoosier Daddy. In the first pic the sleeve is too long, even for me. The second pic is fine. You will lose a bit of length when the sleeves crease, but not too much, maybe an inch or so.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
First of all - congrats on a great fit. It is really good. For me, the sleeves are an inch too long. It boils down to how YOU feel, though. The sleeve length tolerance is really wearer-dependent. I have really low tolerance for too short or too long sleeves.

Reactions: mlx

mlx

New in Town
First of all - congrats on a great fit. It is really good. For me, the sleeves are an inch too long. It boils down to how YOU feel, though. The sleeve length tolerance is really wearer-dependent. I have really low tolerance for too short or too long sleeves.
Thank you! I’m also impressed it fit “out of the rack”.

I am going to follow Carrie’s advice and wear it like in the second picture for two months or so and then re-evaluate.

Thanks everyone! I’m no longer “on the fence”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo