Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check Vanson Model B

postman10mm

New in Town
Hi Everyone - 4 weeks ago I ordered slim fit cafe racer jacket from Thursday Boot Co; it wasn't slim fitting, but it did rekindle my interest in leather jackets. My research lead me here and I ordered size 36 comp weight model B from Carrie at Thurston Brothers.

The jacket arrived today and it is without a doubt the best fitting leather jacket I've ever worn - for reference, I'm 6'1", 140 pounds, 18" shoulder, 39" chest, size 30 jeans, which to my surprise, is 36" over the belt!

Usually, if a jacket fits in the chest and shoulders, it stops 3" above my wrists - so my assessment of the fit may be too optimistic - I'd love to get your opinion as, due to a fold on the left rear above the buckle, I'll be returning this for one in Bainbridge dark maple regardless.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 6.16.55 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 6.16.55 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 368
  • Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 6.17.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 6.17.45 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 370

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Look great. I’d also want the leather upgrade. Crease is from lining, I have the same thing on some of my Vanson jackets, once the stitches adjust tension from wearing it will even itself out. Model B and all its variants are just great.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
i think the little bit of hem flair is from having the buckles tightened.

Here is by far the best welcoming advise i can give you. Do not look for a “perfect fit.” It’s a fools errand. Look for “good.” It’s just a jacket and you’re not modeling for an add campaign. Asking for fit opinions will result in just that, a whole bunch of opinions.

postman10mm

New in Town
Wow, this is great feedback, particularly your’s Bfd70!

I am noticing the body is a touch short, as a guy with very narrow hips and a fairly flat backside, my jeans have a tendency to migrate south about an inch - this jacket actively pushes against the belt, causing them to shift more than usual, and before I know it, my belts is below the front hem

The front arms seams are substantial and the added layers at the rolled cuff work fine with the wrists unzipped- and while I can get them zipped, that lump from the seam cuts off the circulation to my hands pretty quick

Still, I love it and the thought of sending it back and waiting months for one in Bainbridge has me considering keeping it AND ordering the custom - my wife thinks Im nuts.

cbez

One Too Many
I don't think it's short, you are wearing very low rise jeans.

I don't like how the shoulders look and waist looks big. The sleeve thing would annoy me too much.

Subjective.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW