Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check: Vanson Stadium and Aero Cafe Racer

konadog

Practically Family
I picked up the following two jackets on the used market recently and would love opinions on the fits.

First up is the Vanson Stadium in the incredible vintage competition weight cow. I think it fits perfectly in shoulders, chest, and arms, but am struggling to determine if it is too short or if that is just the look and I need to get used to it:
VansonStadium-5.jpg
VansonStadium-1.jpg
VansonStadium-4.jpg

Next up is an Aero Cafe Racer in natural vicenza horsehide. It is a little snug and I'm hoping it breaks a little and forms to my body and offers a hair more room. Prior owner says he only wore is 10 or 12 times, so hopefully it can move a bit.

AeroCafeNatural-2.jpg
AeroCafeNatural-1.jpg
AeroCafeNatural-7.jpg

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
Agree that No. 1 is too short in body and sleeve length. Also, there is a lot of extra material there that someone with your fit build does not need. The sleeve diameter just look waaay too big.

A great many people like their cafe racers to fit just like yours does. This means it will be slightly snug. If it doe not pinch under the armpits when your move it may break in the way you hope. However, it will always be a t-shirt jacket. In LA, it should be ideal.

For me, the body length on this could also be about 1” longer but I am not sure I would pay to have a longer jacket new.

the color on the Cafe Racer looks great on you BTW.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I like the CR a lot. Great color, and the fit looks ok from here. If you can live with how it feels, it should be a keeper.

I don't think the Stadium is unwearable, but ideally you should size up one.
It’s a blousy, roomy style, and getting around the natural bulk by sizing down renders it too short. I had an Avirex once that was just like this. I always tried to pull it down at the hips to trick the last 1/5 inch out of it, but it never really felt right.

Fonzie

One Too Many
I may be in the minority here, but I think they both fit you well.
The board racer is perfect and great looking jacket, and the Vanson fits you just like that style normally does.
I’d be happy with both.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Vanson bomber, looks good open. Can go up one size if you like to wear it closed more often.
Aero Board Racer, looks like custom made. Good find.

Manolito

Familiar Face
The Vanson is too short in the front. Too bad, because the rest is great.

The Aero is good as far as the fit goes :)

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think the Vanson Stadium looks awesome! But if it were my jacket I would always be tugging at The front hem and fretting that my belt buckle was showing.
it’s funny how we can think something looks great on another person but not ourselves. That’s the human condition I suppose…

CR looks absolutely perfect. It’s funny b/c it looks like both jackets hit lengthwise in the same spot, but the Vanson looks too short IMO. And that particular Vanson pattern isn’t flattering to begin with.

I think the Vanson Stadium looks awesome! But if it were my jacket I would always be tugging at The front hem and fretting that my belt buckle was showing.
it’s funny how we can think something looks great on another person but not ourselves. That’s the human condition I suppose…
Or even worse when something looks ok in pictures but wears awkwardly. I loved this Schott jacket and in pics I thought it looked ok but when I looked in the mirror it looked (and felt) 2” too short.
IMG_5122.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner